Sunday 5-4-08

beastrider97

Got to the park at 11:20 which is my average time. Immediatly saw on the sign at the front of the park that all of the rides were operating. So I immediatly went to the Crypt. We were greated with an attendent who said that it was closed down and might not reopen. :angry: So I went to ride Beast. I rode in the front seat and I have to say it is the best seat on it. Went to meet up with my kids and my wife to go ride the bumper cars, swings, SR&R, Monster, and the Red Racer. I also rode in the front seat which is also the best seat on that ride. Split up so I could ride Firehawk and Flight of Fear. Firehawk's line was too long so I rode FoF. I rode the back seat and loved every moment of it. Meet up and rode Flight Deck and left the park.

I was also at the park yesterday, and have to say everyone must have the winter blah's because it was busy. I think most of it was next day prom parties, I would say 85% of the people there yesterday were teenagers. The day started in a very long line to get my platinum pass but very happy to see that they had people at every camera post so it moved quite fast. Next went in New Guest Relations to ask a couple of questions but after hearing the chewing out the ladies were taking from some guests wanting compensated for broken rides was one and another who had been coming there for 10 years was just ticked off that Cedar Fair had taken it over. So I asked my questions and gave the ladies some words of compliment. In my eyes there was a cleaner essence to the park, landscaping is looking better than what I have seen in past years.

I was upset to that The Crypt was going to be closed for the entire day , that was the one ride I wanted to do. So headed to The Beast , the que's were open on the top platform, and were running all three trains but they weren't getting out of the station fast, it seemed all three would be waiting in the station for a very long time, but I got in the backseat(the best) and loved every minute of it. Seemed the brakes weren't being used as heavy as they were last year, especially in the braking station. Great Ride.

I know most people have downed the Wings Diner, but we ate there yesterday and to me I think the buffet is a wonderful addition to the park. The food might not be first class but it was hot and they kept it coming out. By the time I pay and tip at Ryans or Golden Corral I am paying the same price, so to get filled up for a day of riding, I say Kudos for finally giving us this.

I know it is early in the season but I will have to say I don't remember ever seeing the trains on the coasters being backed up in the stations as bad as yesterday. The Vortex was the worst, line moved slow compared to what it normally does but still a great ride. Red Racer was great but they kept running them yesterday seldom racing them and that is the whole point to the ride. Firehawk way too long, hour and a half wait, will hit this the next time. Son of Beast was great as always for me, they kept the trains moving fast, line was backed up to the tunnel but moved fast. Love the backseat again.

All the dirt moving they are doing around the Son is that to fill in where they are working over in Swan Lake. Headed to the Festhaus to watch the show around 4, I am not a country music person but I love live singing of any kind. The guys had the moves down but the singing left alot to be desired, I liked it but nothing compared to what it could be. I felt bad for them because people were getting up and leaving and being loud enough to hear, "This Sucks". They are trying but as usual people compare everything to other things, the lady next to me was comparing it to shows at Busch Gardens and nothing can compare to those. I wish they would look at opening more shows early in the season, if it is just a small band and a singer people would enjoy it.

I always end my day with a Blueberry swirl cone over in Nick Universe, it was so good had to have a second. All in all a very fun day.

Did anyone else notice yesterday all the kids that were in-line for rides and were smoking. I also saw alot of people carrying beer all through the park, I thought that had to be consumed in designated areas. Also have they always played the music on the train ride like they were doing yesterday, I liked it. By far the employees running the train were the friendliest.