Directions to CP

Does anyone have better directions than those given on mapquest (taking 75 to toledo/ohio turn pike)?

We are planning on staying at the Microtel Inn and Suites. We will be at CP for 1 full day 1 1/2 day and 1 3/4 day. Mostly going for our two young children 5 and 3, also with a 9 month old.

I read a previous thread suggesting we go and enter in through the marina/hotel breakers entrance.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Not sure where you're driving from, but if you're taking 75 north, you can turn off on Hwy 6 (Exit 179) and follow that all the way into Sandusky. Once in Sandusky, follow the signs to Cedar Point. That will keep you off the turnpike.

As far as parking, I would suggest parking in the Soak City lot, and using the Magnum/Resort gate. If you're a platinum pass holder, you can get into the park at 9am, otherwise you'll get in at 10.

Enjoy your trip!

That is probably the fastest route. You can also follow route 4 up to Sandusky which will eventually end right around CP, it's pretty easy to follow the signs to the park from there. There are lots of hotels to choose from up there, and some even offer a complimentary shuttle to the park so you don't have to pay for parking.

^^Well, knowing where you're coming from would obviously help with directions....but those are pretty solid.

For myself, I always take the exit for 4 (exit 110?) off the turnpike, then go all the way down to 1st street (I think?), but basically you'll make a right-hand turn at like this park in downtown Sandusky, and there's a CP sign as well...just keep your eyes peeled.

Then to park in the Soak City lot, go through the toll booth furtherst to the left, and then keep driving straight past Blue Streak and onto Perimeter Rd....stay on the road as it curves around the park (giving you awesome views of MF and Maverick), and then you'll hit the Soak City parking lot...can't miss it!

I really don't have any other advice since you have little kids, but as long as you have your parking receipt you can leave CP for lunch/dinner and come back.

Good luck!!

Sorry about not putting where we are coming from...

We live in Dayton. I didn't know if there was a better or faster way than taking 75 to 80/90 turnpike.

I have read a previous thread about what to ride and when, but again, we are mostly taking our kids up and might hit an adult ride or two (I love coasters).

We have Platinum passes (4 of them).

^^Yeah, definitely 75 to the turnpike!!

I know many people aren't fans here, but one of the guys who does the CoasterBuzz podcast lives in Dayton (actually Beavercreek) and as a test earlier this year took some state road route or something intead of 75 and it ended up being much slower when he talked about it on the podcast....more construction, slower traffic, etc. I'd say definitely stick with 75!

Not sure where you're driving from, but if you're taking 75 north, you can turn off on Hwy 6 (Exit 179) and follow that all the way into Sandusky. Once in Sandusky, follow the signs to Cedar Point. That will keep you off the turnpike.

As far as parking, I would suggest parking in the Soak City lot, and using the Magnum/Resort gate. If you're a platinum pass holder, you can get into the park at 9am, otherwise you'll get in at 10.

Enjoy your trip!

I've found it's faster to turn off of Rt. 6 and go North on Rt. 53 to the Turnpike at (Exit 91 off of the Turnpike) around Freemont.

Hey - let's get to the point!!!!!

The absolute simplist way is to hire a chauffeur!

But seriously, The I-75 North to Rt. 6 East is a very good choice. My only concern would be if we get a lot of rain and you'd have flooding problems along the way - then I would go I-75 North to 80/90 East and exit Rt. 4 (#110) It will cost you $2.