The Beast and fireworks

pkifreakhogg

Has anyone in here been on The Beast and had the fireworks going off at the same time? Me and a friend went last night and got to the park at 10:30 pm and we were surprised that the park was rather empty. i talked to a guy at the front gate and he said that it had been raining all day so they were pretty slow all day which was nice because it wasn't raining when we arrived. so anyway we go to The Beast which we waited 10 minutes tops and rode in the middle. i think we were the second to last train of the night. well we were off and about the time we started going up the second hill the fireworks started going off and man was that cool plus it was a little foggy. overall great ride and heck of a great experience. was anyone else on here there too? i would really like to meet some of you guys on here at pki. i live an hour and a half north but i love to go all the time. so later guys and girls.

I work on The Beast and I got the chance to ride it with them going off when we just got to the top of the first lift and with them ending when we pulled back into the brakes to go into the station. It was weird cause it was almost timed together. Very Very cool thing to see though. You really realize how much he beast turns you around cause your more disoriented since you have something to see to look for.

One night last year me and a friend were waiting for the front seat on The Beast, and they anounced that they were only going to run one more train through, and we were next for the front! The train left the station as fireworks went off, and the fireworks stopped at the top of the hill. Also it wasn't that hot, and fireflies were out. So front seat, last ride of the night, fireworks, not too hot, and fireflies made that the best ride on The Beast I've ever had.

I had that chance to ride The Beast during fireworks this past Tuesday. My girlfriend and I camped at the PKI campground Monday through Friday. On Tuesday we were in line for The Beast it was about ten minutes until ten. I always wait for the front seat, so there was about 3-4 trains ahead of us until our turn. There was a couple ahead of us who were trying to time it so they could be on during the fireworks, and let one pair go ahead of them. They ended up going on the next train, and wouldn't of seen the fireworks til late in their run. The fireworks started as soon as we came out of the tunnel after the first drop. Racing through the woods, and seeing the fireworks through the trees was a great feeling. The best part was going up to the second lift hill, and the whole time looking out to the right and seeing the explosions in the air. After the double helix, and into the brake run the finale of the fireworks were going off such a neat expeirence.

Although the rest of the week we just sat and watched the fireworks, as I found it sort of distracted you from the ride, more so looking for the fireworks instead of what is coming up next.

Unrelated but two great spots to watch the fireworks are from Bubba Gumps patio right outside of Coney Mall, and down by Vortex and the Action FX theatre. You get a clear view and not as busy as International Street.