Height Limit un-enforced?

tuxedoman52

I notice that on KI's website, there are "maximum heights" for some rides (mostly on rides with OTSRs or inverted coasters). I no longer ride Drop Tower (80" Height Limit) because it is extremely uncomfortable. I can still bear Invertigo (78" Height Limit) but it cause some pain in my shoulders. My question is, are these actually EVER enforced? Or are they just warnings for the comfort of the height inclined. Personally, being 6'6" is definitely uncomfortable on some rides, but I've only ever been kicked off of one ride (Wicked Twister). I've never had anyone measure me because they can tell I might be over the "height limit". 

• Like 4

Certain rides have height restrictions due to clearance issues. I can think of a kiddie coaster at a certain park you couldn't reasonably fit in and another in that same park where you could badly hurt your feet and ankles. Height restrictions on both of those rides? One enforces itself--if you cannot fit--the other is rigidly enforced.

Why do I suspect hotel/motel beds are also problems?

• Like 3

I am also 6'6".  I've ridden Wicked Twister multiple times on multiple trips, and never even been questioned.  Same with Invertigo.   Never tried to ride Delirium, which I know I am too tall for, but have no desire to ride, so I cannot attest one way or another.

Rip Ride Rockit at Universal also has a height limit, ridden it multiple times as well without question. 

• Like 1

My feet can drag on Flying Ace in one particular spot, on the turnaround coming out of the station and turning toward the lift hill (the catwalk under the ride begins its incline ever so slightly earlier than the track does, it seems).

Since it's just that one spot and I have several inches of clearance throughout the course of the ride, I won't refrain from riding it, but with us having another full-circuit Invert now, I rarely see a reason to spend my time riding it...

• Like 3