Question

Maddie6527

If my family's tickets and parking for Kings Island costs 225 dollars in all (there's 5 people in my family)and we are going to eat on our way there and eat once at Kings Island and if my car takes 40 dollars to fill up the tank with me living two hrs away about how much money should I plan on spending? (We won't be doing any games or extra rides)

1 minute ago, Maddie6527 said:

If my family's tickets and parking for Kings Island costs 225 dollars in all (there's 5 people in my family)and we are going to eat on our way there and eat once at Kings Island and if my car takes 40 dollars to fill up the tank with me living two hrs away about how much money should I plan on spending? (We won't be doing any games or extra rides)

Let’s see... carry the 5... the limit approaches zero... divide by X :D

But seriously, think $15-$17 per meal. Drinks are about $4, unless you get complementary water. It really depends on what you plan on doing.

• Like 2

Welcome to KIC!

Depending on how your family eats and cooperative they are, you can consider 2 or more All-Day-Meal Plans for $30 each.  They will get you 1 meal every 90 minutes, so if you stagger eating well you can feed the whole family fairly well all day for $60.  It is a wrist band so whoever has the plan(s) has to be present to order and pick up the food.  Once that person has the food the park does not care what you do with it so you can share with integrity and it is not abusing the system.  

You would probably want to budget a bit extra for ice cream or other treats for the kiddos.  

Another option is to just pack a cooler and go out to the car to eat, many families do.   In that case paying the extra $10 for preferred parking can make it bit more enjoyable.  

I was there yesterday with a friend of mine. For lunch we ate burgers and chips at Reds. With 2 drinks the tally came to 39 dollars. We finally figured out how to get the wrist bands for our free drinks, so we didn't have to buy drinks with dinner, but we ate at Coney BBQ, 2 pulled pork sandwiches with sides, tally came to 29 dollars. Of course Plan for about 20 bucks per person per meal with drinks. You CAN eat cheaper than that if you try, but if you want to sit down and enjoy a real meal, you're 20 bucks a person. If you're genuinely trying to budget a day to have fun, budget about 35 bucks a person, that way there is a little buffer in there for some ice cream, or pretzels or funnel cakes. I know that for a lot of folks, it's a savings process to get a day at the park, but always budget a little more than you'll need so you can enjoy the visit a little more. Some of the snack stuff there is REALLY good and not worth missing. 

• Like 1