International Restaurant

HomerJay

Remember the International Restaurant that was above the main gates? Why did they close that down? I remember it was so nice to just take a break on a long day and have a nice meal and look out over the park. I know they still use it for certain events, but I miss having that option for a good meal. If you ask me, PKI needs a good sit down restaurant. And I mean one where you're not going through the cafteteria lines. I like some of the ideas like a TV Land restaurant. But I'd like to see something a bit more elegant. Plus, my favorite part of the International Restaurant was when you would be in the lobby and they had framed newspaper articles from the years back. It was so cool to look back on them. I'm just a Detroiter, so that was where I first heard about rides like The Bat, the first Winterfest, and found out that The Beast didn't open up with all the tunnels it has now.

The most educated guess that I can really give you is that the IR simply didn't turn enough profit to keep open. It has been closed for about ten years now.

The IR still houses a variety of articles about PKI, ride openings, events, etc. All of which are framed and on display.

IR is only open to the general public a few times a year, mainly during Night of Fire, in which they hae the gold pass banquet.