Beast Lake

Tomkatt7

I looked through some the old photo's but can't find one I'm looking for.

I always point out the big water wheel in The Beast queue to my daughter, and tell her how there used to really be water that ran through it. Also the lake all around the station where people would throw their change. You can still see where the "old timers" still do it, even though the water is gone.

I would really like to see more photos of the station with the water.

Why did they take it out?

I thought it added alot to the ride. Or at least it helped pass the time waiting in line.

The lake didnt go around the whole station, just under the turn around and to the right of the ride. From what I've heard they removed it due to all the trash being thrown in it and the mosquitos that would gather around it, I've also heard it was removed because when they put in Vortex they had to slightly reprofile the land and the lake was in the way.

ronnyHH07jpg072909ahsds.jpg

Some people say thats the boat they used to use to go pick up trash off the lake in, that boat could be seen when riding The Beast when you looked left while going through the break shed.

I looked through some the old photo's but can't find one I'm looking for.

I always point out the big water wheel in The Beast queue to my daughter, and tell her how there used to really be water that ran through it. Also the lake all around the station where people would throw their change. You can still see where the "old timers" still do it, even though the water is gone.

I would really like to see more photos of the station with the water.

Why did they take it out?

I thought it added alot to the ride. Or at least it helped pass the time waiting in line.

i thought that water was the run off from the water ride that is where tomb rader stands today. :unsure: