Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Legend Rider

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Legend Rider

  1. Register, and read TOS, no cussing, dork.
  2. I think that is just a waist of wood, Do you really need to use that much on that ride? In Japan, Yes, Due to certain local laws, a wood coaster is required to use more than double the amount of lumber we use in the U.S.
  3. But, that is a Japanese Hyper Coaster, It is rough and painful, just ask me or Captain Nemo. No we havent ridden it, but have proof of it. Its called Manhattan Express, and to quote the video "This credit was not worth it!"
  4. I would love to finally get to Vegas, and Ride 3 rides.... X-Scream Big Shot Insanity All of them are Awesome!! Big shot is like a power tower, but its soo tall! Insanity and X-Scream are unique to the Stratosphere tower, nowhere else ill you find them!!
  5. I ride Raging Rapids at HW, and I can imagine how bad it must be at WWC, LMAO --- I like Delirium and TRTR, those Huss Giants are fun!! I also really Love Top Gun, Flight of Fear, and The Racer. I probably like the HISTORY of Paramounts Kings Island the best though.
  6. Raven - 6 Legend - 6 Voyage - 7
  7. they were / are maintained by PTC now, Gah! Freaking pay attention!!
  8. people dont get the hint do they, WHY ARE YOU PUTTING DOWN A COASTER SO MUCH!? Raven Rocks my socks off!! Legend is my #2 wood, but trust me, its not a super close call for #2. Rawr, I hate for people to do that
  9. You, Did I not just say it was NAD that was #1, then PTC, GAH! NADs arent made anymore, and super difficult to maintain now that there are no caretakers for them, plus screechin' eagle is SBNO --- Much like Delirium Guy said (AND THANK YOU, WELL SAID) It was an intimidating experience, nobody was eager to work on it, oh yeah except RCCA and Stengel.... hmm... a crazy designer (Good, but crazy) and a crazy wood corp, nice... LOL
  10. "Um this is a PKI board we shouldn't talk about this here..." LOL That would be such blashphemy of me to say that, i just thought it would be opportune... LOL I havent been there, but the Coaster that flies through the shop is neat sounding... w00t
  11. Dolly is a very shrewed business woman. A park in Nashville would directly affect Opryland. I can't imagine she would set up a part to compete with herself. Oh my, you dont understand business do you? Also, there is no Opryland USA, so it would only effect the local parks, draw people away from Beech Bend Park and the locals, and to go to The New Nashville Park, it would possibly draw some people out from Pigeon Forge, but when you have the world's #1 Wood Coaster, something is going good here... She is basically taking over the TN area, trying to get more parks, make more money, especially with that being such a huge town, and right on a major Interstate (I-65) she can make even more money, not quite Six Flags big or Paramount big, but still pretty frackin' profitable.
  12. ALSO ALSO the other rides were going to get installed at Old Indiana (Chaos and SDD) they were purchased and transported, but due to an accident at the park (FATAL) they were forced to close, the rides are probably beyond repair now, bummer... I want to own SDD...
  13. ALSO!! Opryland has a small neighbor, which just closed this year, Music Valley Amusement park, it was literally a walk from Opry, however, since it was on the other side of the Hotel, it was not as convenient... if you are familiar with the setup of Opry, the area was OPRYLAND, then hotel, then the shopping strip, MVAP was behind the strip, now its OPRYMILLS, and HOTEL, and strip... All seen from the Freeway
  14. as you can tell from my signature, this was the place that I rode my first coasters... This place was awesome, and they were located close to my sister's place, and she would take us almost monthly, as long as it wasnt july or august... It was fun, but I remember looking at wabash, and thinking... HELL NO and then I was skeptical about SDD, but she said it was like a Log ride or a Slide, but ha! wrong, it was just fun!! I wish there were more Flying Turns Rides... Fun! Opryland may have a new future... Dolly is thinking about buying some land near nashville for a park... WOO HOO Oh yeah, and the Rapids Ride has tours through it from the Hotel... Go for it!!
  15. You cant get through to BeastBuzzers, they are Fanboys/girls of BEAST they have bias I have Bias as well, But I dont let that influence it. (Captain Nemo, you dont "wind" the name El Toro!? Ahh! ::Throws dictionary:: MIND!) So yeah, There are always fanboys and fangirls, they are so excited about one that they cant see the good in others, I am actually convinced that most of the people on this forum dont really understand that Beast is very rough, I try to sit in good seats, and it never works, the only time I got a good ride was when I disobeyed the rules, I leaned forward on it and it never hurt my back, still rattled me around, but not as bad, Raven and Legend and Thunder Run, I can sit there and enjoy, Screamin' Eagle was ok, but the backrests hurt, they should be upholstered. Gah! Get off my case, I enjoy raven and Legend and I am certain to love Voyage, and if you want to keep The Beast, fine you can have it, I will keep Voyage to myself, its only 50 minutes from my house anyway, and 1 hour 45 minutes from school. So I get rides a lot. Not in offseason, thats when I turn to Beast and Thunder Run, Racer and Twisted Twins, Beastie and... uh oh, SoB. I know you think I keep repeating myself, but gah, look around, you guys are doing the same, egging me on! Its a bloody forum, lets go back to the topic at hand, El Toro --- The Layout, as Nemo said, is quite dissapointing, it feels like there should be a LOT MORE its only a bit over 4000 feet long, kinda short for the speeds and heights it has, 76 degrees! lol, I thought voyage was going to be crazy, Toro will be bad*ss on that drop, and I am going to have to experience it myself, they say its supposed to be super smooth, I find that unlikely, I have a notion that from the look of it, like SoB and Colossos, they have the same look, that since they all are made by the same company, that they will be quite rigid, and that means the structure can get weak easier, also, the sway that you typically find on wooden coasters doesnt look like it will be found here on Toro, bummer, the sway is what makes it wood, well, its the layers of wood for a track that makes it wood, but its such a chep thing to do, Prefab Track, gah! Its like going the easy route, some parks have to work in dense woods to put up a coaster board by board. --- While Im at it, I talked to Will Koch, and he told me... (Asl many of you know the trees are pretty close to beast, lost in the woods feeling) (The Trees on Beast are 20 foot away, am I correct, at least 10 feet away) Will said that there are no laws, at least in Indiana that regulate how close trees may be, so since there isnt one, the trees may get right up to, but not touch the track, there happen to be a few trees that have to be cut down, and very carefully, due to the trees being dead, a good example is the Legend, it had this huge tree, dead of course, and it was just looming out toward the train as it dropped by, a week later, it was GONE. The trees make the coaster look much faster than it is, the more the merrier. Later Y'all
  16. My Opinion: SoB AND Beast are some of the roughest wood made, Boss is rotten too, but hey, to each their own, I am a wood Coaster lover, I like the woodies, I ride them a lot, I just got a 15 trip ERT on Raven, SMOOTHER EVERY TIME!! I am psyched about Voyage, and for those of you that think Beast is super smooth, you are hiding under a rock!
  17. El Toro I dont think will "Contend" PUN!!
  18. ahmagawd I dont know how to put into words what im wanting to say, but its basically this, and I will sto pas well, stop trash taling these coasters before they are built, its such bullcrap... lol no pun intended (El Toro) There are a few new coaster installations coming soon, so lets just give them some rides, and see how it goes... But just for the records, Vekoma has been noted as one of the roughest coaster manufacturers ever, they hurt so much.
  19. Yeah death on the Mars Ride, due to the kids medical condition and the death on tower of terror, medical condition. Derailing and Crash on two disney coasters with minor injuries, compared to Six Flags having a guest launched out of one of their superman rides. you say that, but there are far more that happen, there are many ride related deaths, you only hear about the traumatic ones... people get injured on rides all the time, the more active a guest has to be to ride, the more occured injuries. Six flags doesnt get very active, so the guests get hurt... ...PKI gets active, fewer guests get hurt... ...Disney
  20. Who won Cleanest? Many years in a row... What? Disney, No, Cedar? no, Oh Yeah! IT WAS HOLIDAY WORLD Point for me!! w00t and im getting tired of people saying Voyage will suck, Its not going to suck, just as those Everest fans are enthused about it, Everest will NOT Repeat NOT Be a huge thriller, so just back off!! it only goes about 50! Most #1s and Huge thrillers are much faster, yeah IJST is not a thriller... its fun but not a huge one. I still Love Voyage... ...Dont care if its not done or that I havent ridden it.
  21. AND, That is steel... And a Vekoma, "Have you had your head bashed in today?" I do like the Idea of the heights and speeds... now Voyage drops yet again in the books... SPEED: 1st 78.4 mph Son of Beast - PKI 2nd 74.6 mph Colossos - Heide-Park 3rd 70 mph El Toro - SF-GAdv 4th 67.4 mph Voyage - HWSS 5th 66.3 mph Boss - SF-StL HEIGHT: 1st 218' Son of Beast - PKI 2nd 196' 10" Colossos - Heide-Park 3rd 181' El Toro - SF-GAdv 4th 179' 7" Rattler - SF-FTx 5th 163' Voyage - HWSS DROP: 1st 214' Son of Beast - PKI 2nd 176' El Toro - SF-GAdv 3rd 159' 1" Colossos - Heide-Park 4th 155' Mean Streak - CP 5th 154' Voyage - HWSS LENGTH: 1st 7359' Beast - PKI 2nd 7032' Son of Beast - PKI 3rd 6442' Voyage - HWSS 4th 5577' 5" White Cyclone - Nagashima Spa Land 5th 5427' Mean Streak - CP Underlying Theme... There are only 2 parks that have one coaster in All Categories... Holiday World - Voyage Paramounts Kings Island - Son of Beast That would happen to be the best I can ever say about SoB, I hate the Design, and the ride hurts, see there I go. And NO VOYAGE WILL NOT SUCK It will rock the hizzouse!! The 3 story tall Station House that is!!
  22. Okay look, From my book... PTC is todays most productive coaster train manufacturers, they now only make and supply vehicles, no more Coaster construction for them. the #1 of all time is NAD Vehicles, they are out of business now though, the next one, PTC, the true name in Wood Coaster Vehicles... Side Note, Why is it that PKI People are so confused on this issue, Racer, 4 PTC Trains Beastie (RIP), 2 PTC Junior Trains Beast, 3 PTC Trains I dont get it... And I believe there are rather numerous locals that have them... Strickers Grove, LeSourdesville Lake, Cedar Point, Geauga Lake, Wyandot Lake, SF-KK, Et Cetera, I Understand that you think I am a PTC Fanboy, and I may be, a little, but come on... What do you expect, this company has been in the business of Coaster Trains FOR WOOD, for about 100 years... How long has premier been up? B&M? B&M Tried doing a wood, after the request of SF-MM, bad mistake, they are some of the roughest ever... and like I say, the wood coaster trains from PTC are awesome!! they are so sleek, and fast, they are perfection on track!! Rawr, Can we get back to the topic at hand? Would everyone like to see a construction journal on here?
  23. sounds to me as if thereare jealous people...
  24. ahmagawd It has been undeniably noted that PTC trains are used on most coasters... One reason PTCs arent used on SoB is because... ...PTC DENIED ALLOWANCE TO USE THEM ...They didnt allow Paramount to get them, lol Plus SoB Needed Extra Weight in every Car, they are almost 2X Heavier than any other wooden coaster train, Plus I like the fact the wood coaster train is made of wood. --- Must this be a fight? I personally just didnt like how Scooby said it would end up being super rough in time, that wont happen due to excellent maintenance over there. And the think about ThunderHead, Lets just see how it goes, DollyWood can bask in Thunderhead's Glory for now, but I know for a fact that there are many enthusiasts drooling over pictures, and pining to ride... ...This could be a #1 in its first year, but who knows, It might make best new ride of the year though... LOLz Any way it goes, Nobody can deny that it will be an excellent ride.
  25. Thank you, I couldnt have said it any better, Sorry, but PTC's have been around for over 100 years, I pick them...
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.