Everything posted by alluna
-
Read And Ride With Snoopy!
I think the point CedarPointer was making was that that quote doesn't quite match the 5@5 answer for a similar question a few days ago! For the record, I find Mr. Scheid's statement to be more honest...but of course everyone here knows that I am biased against Snoopy coming. When I asked this, I was really looking for something like the Snoopy visits to schools to mention in an article. I'm kind of snickering to myself that the answer here was so dodgy and terrible when, all along, they know that kids are unfamiliar with Snoopy. It would have been in their better interest to actually suggest some tips instead of being in denial. Now I'm not interested in writing the article any more and they can promote Snoopy on their own. ...so nyah.
-
Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread
Arrrgh. Why didn't I get this answer when I asked the same question?
-
Read And Ride With Snoopy!
Book It! was the reason I read my way through grade school! Nothing tastes sweeter than my own personal pan pizza. Congrats, WSYXnewsguy on the new baby! :D Our oldest is 12 and our youngest is 7, so we kinda miss babies around here. You've probably heard it a lot, lately, but it goes by fast!
-
Bugs in our Teeth: Official # of Bugs Swallowed
Is it bad that I really love this? I think I've found my new avatar....
-
Action Zone Retheme
I'm with you on this one. Remember Fantasy Farm? Or...Americana? Wow, Americana. Where I first rode the eagles...and the Screechin Eagle. Thought we were going to fly off of that thing every time.
-
What are you planning on doing first...
Had to vote 'other' because it is tradition for us to head straight to Adventure Express. Our kids are getting older, but for a long time it's been the one that everyone could ride. The line is short and the adventure theme gets us all in the mood for a day of fun!
-
Read And Ride With Snoopy!
This same topic has been on my mind... I'm sorely tempted to try to arrange him to come to our school just so I can stand on the sidelines and see how it all pans out. It is, of course, nothing but beneficial to KI..I'll assume they will hand out Wendy's style coupons and maybe even some info on the new part of the park. But...I think we have a Ronald McDonald situation on our hands, where the character is garnering a symbiotic relationship with families. Snoopy wants to promote the park, and we want a fun and educational character experience. Major contention, if any, would probably point to the 'slippery slope' scenario, as in 'who else we are willing to let into our schools for a promotion'.... The Chik-Fil-A cow teaches math, Tony the Tiger swoops in for a lesson on wildlife. But at this point, my school is having regular 'fundraising nights' at Chik-Fil-A anyway, so I think we already have the 'I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine' thing going on. Now, if Snoopy had any kind of religious message, I'd be more likely to cry foul of him getting into our schools. But if he's just pandering to a local theme park, then he's not only teaching reading, but bonus lesson in capitalism as well.
-
Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread
Feel like I'm at the end of an old Batman episode.
-
Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread
Must be why they're the size of dogs. Suddenly I want to feed them more precious, precious fries just to see what will happen. (Edit: Ah, what an honorable 100th post...)
-
Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread
Very surprising. This might be wrong, but I can vouch that those fish love french fries.
-
Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread
Why does this one make me feel like we're running out of questions?
-
Favorite Sounds at Kings Island?
This collection kinda makes me want to hear the top worst sensory experiences, too. Wouldn't read it during lunch, though.
-
Bugs in our Teeth: Official # of Bugs Swallowed
My best memory is when my sister had some coaster corn on Top Gun. It's great when you're riding along and the person next to you abruptly stops screaming... ...then starts trying to spit something out... ...and only succeeds in spitting against the wind. Great conversations once the breaks are on. :lol:
-
Diamondback and Nixon?
Did anyone else see that one girl on The Racers who screamed 'HAM AND FEET!' as the train started?
-
Favorite Sounds at Kings Island?
These are all great answers that are making me want to run outside and officially declare it April. I don't think anyone would listen, though. We used to make fun of this a lot, but once it left we were all sad. Now we have to start singing it alone... This. Heehee... Sound: Back in the day, the Paramount soundtrack that you would hear when you walked into the front gates. Now, listening to my kids scream a fist pumping review of the coasters after they've ridden. Sight: Coming around the bend on WWC and I'm not the one primed for a lap of water. Smell: Funnel cakes! Taste: Outer Hanks and a beer. Touch? I try not to touch too many railings/door handles. Gripping the lap bar?
-
Bugs in our Teeth: Official # of Bugs Swallowed
The thread about the lighting on CP coasters got me thinking... How many bugs have we all gotten to the face/swallowed while on a ride? There have been a couple of occasions where the brakes kick in and I'm left sitting there doubting if the new crumb in my mouth was something lodged in my teeth or six-legged coaster popcorn (coaster corn!). My count is probably only up to 3 verified gnats in my teeth and a few UFO's that were swallowed. What about you?
-
Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread
I would love to see a mural painting commissioned for the tunnels instead, but I'm not sure what the theme would be. I bet they can find someone to hire for cheap to do the job....I'd do it for the cost of paint! (Also, loving the use of 'expedentially' in this answer. )
-
Cost Curious
Here are some tips I put together last year that might help you out: Tricks for a Cheap Kings Island Trip I'm always looking to add to that list, so if you have a tip to share... Also, here on KIC there are some tips in the trip planner: http://www.KICentral...tripplanner.php
-
Planet Snoopy Ride Names Announced!
GREAT view of that ominous barrel. That's your reward for winning the race!
-
Triple Twist at GWL
Hmmmm...here at GWL and the Triple Twist has been closed. Rumor is that someone got hurt on it (from a shall-go-unnamed employee...) but rumors are rumors. Disappointing and hopefully we find out what happened....
-
Quick question
I was thinking of compiling a restaurant review/best deals guide for the eats at Kings Island. Include menu's, best meal deals, best atmosphere, etc. Sounds like a big project, though.
-
Planet Snoopy Ride Names Announced!
This god-forsaken plastic elephant is clearly an evil entity driven to tear our community asunder.
-
Special Treat from KingsIslandOnline
I can NOT be the only one who put my arms up as I watched these. If my kids were in the room they'd be laughing at me. Is it April yet?? EDIT: also, that AE video must surely be a fake. All the eyes are lit up and the arms are all clearly working.
-
Triple Twist at GWL
Okay, the article is done if anyone is interested in a quick slide show of the Triple Twist construction. I know my kids really got a kick out of this: Triple Twist Construction Photos Aaaaannnnd...that's all the shameless promoting I'll be doing for today. Gotta start packing so I can see the Triple Twist in person!
-
Getting Kids Excited for Planet Snoopy... Ideas?
^^ Okay, that's pretty funny. Study next week, kids, for a pop quiz on Popeye.