How Can We Travel Light When We Weigh So Much More?

And yes, this belongs in this topic...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...1/TRL2U9KNS.DTL

A short, relevant quote:

...Several summers ago, while visiting the Six Flags amusement park in New York, Mike Dwaileebe took a seat on one of the cars of the Superman rollercoaster. Dwaileebe, who weighed more than 395 pounds, reportedly couldn't close his lap-bar properly, and while on one of the coaster's hairpin curves he flew out of his car not like a bird, or a plane, but rather, as his lawyer indelicately put it, "like a cork out of a champagne bottle."....

(The Six Flags park spoken of was actually Six Flags Darien Lake)

Think I'll skip funnel cakes in favor of Subway this year! :huh: But seriously, I had a wake-up call when I couldn't fit on The Beast in '04 (back then, you could have called me thrill_cake). It's embarrassing to have to get back out of the car in front of what, 200 people? I worked hard to lose 44 lbs. over the next 2 years (yep. takes a long time and determination for some). The cool thing is that it can be done, especially when there are specific goals. I got back on Beast in 2006, and have made it my annual benchmark for success.