My birthday and opening day

sora_chan

Everyone is looking foward to opening day... well almost everyone. I know I am. (Thanks to Firehawk)

I'm considering planning a b-day trip on opening day. I have heard many of the rumors circulating, but I will always remain skeptical to them until I confirm with my own eyes or from a press release or some such. I've always waited patiently for new attractions and considering Cedar Point just took the park over, I think they will be looking to improve and no doubt, EVENTUALLY expand. If they don't, they would stop making money. You can't just expect people to build a coaster over-night or to listen to you if you nag and argue with each other. For those more constructive types I have written this post...

I have a birthday comming up... but besides that it is my 22nd year of visiting the park. (since I was 2) Sometimes I visit once, sometimes two or three times. Sometimes more. Sometimes I get a season pass. It depends how happy I am after my initial visit. (Probably a bunch this season cause I really like Firehawk) I have been to Cedar Point and I must say their staff is really good. (During FearFeast last year, I was not very impressed with the hanuted houses and even less so with the service I got... something I still haven't complained about due to the park being bought out. I know these things take time, but cut me a little slack for being disappointed.) I imagen you can see improvements (of some kind) in 2008 and I wouldn't be surprised to hear them announce something near the end of this season. But for now, what do I do about my birthday. I want to do something special but they don't seem to be offering much yet. (I could get a large group to come up there, but then again... why would I go through all that trouble if it's just a normal trip?)

I want to do something that will make my birthday, out of the ordinary. I know it shouldn't be too busy, possibly being cold, on a sunday and not open late. However, I may change the date so there is more to do at the park. The show line-up doesn't seem to be changing much (as of now) and I'm hoping that changes. Also when Paramount had the park they didn't start showing anything until later in the season. So, lots to consider.

What I'd really like is something. Something that would make this trip stick out. If I don't find it soon, I guess I'll just go out on my birthday like I normally do, but certainly there is something that they have for such occassions. (even though the people there said there wasn't)

There is a restaraunt near the hotel I'm thinking of staying at. I could just have cake and such there after my day at the park. Also, I might wait until the following weekend and go two days. I just dunno. I don't like people to be unresponsive. Especially because I have no particular reason to be hyped about going this year. Not many new things. I figure the least they could offer is something that I can purchase, a package or tour... something.

Any ideas? Jeez, I didn't think it'd be that hard to find such information. *sighs* back to the drawing board for now.

Everyone is looking foward to opening day... well almost everyone. I know I am. (Thanks to Firehawk)

so if it wasn't for Firehawk you wouldn't be looking forward to opening day?

Okay okay, so I would be looking foward to it anyways but duely noted. Just to clairify... I really am looking foward more to Firehawk than anything. I just like it alot. The Beast is always my favorite. I just like wooden and classic coasters better... but I have been on it like 100 times. However, I have only rode on Firehawk twice, so I look foward to riding it a couple more times.

And my b-day is on the 24th. I just miss the old days of the smurfs and that big weird tree that told stories. I miss it being hanna-barbera land instead of nick, though I'm not complaining about the improvements. When I bring younger family at least I know they have something to do too. (in fact, way more than I did) Gosh, I just wish I could ride the smurfs one more time, or that HUGE log flume that felt like you were gonna fly out of the water. OH OH! and the Ferris Wheel. Gosh, I really do have alot of memories there. :P