hunting on grounds

deerhunter

I have noticed several times while riding The Beast that there are a lot of deer on the grounds. Does KI allow hunters (bow of course) to lease out their woods to hunt deer? If not..how do they keep the herd thinned out so as not to over populate? I know of a lot of places like this that hold a lottery and allow a few people on grounds to hunt?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed several times while riding The Beast that there are a lot of deer on the grounds. Does KI allow hunters (bow of course) to lease out their woods to hunt deer? If not..how do they keep the herd thinned out so as not to over populate? I know of a lot of places like this that hold a lottery and allow a few people on grounds to hunt?

Of course this would be during the winter when no guests are in the park...of course..I could thin out the smokers as well...lol :lol::lol:

Of course this would be during the winter when no guests are in the park...of course..I could thin out the smokers as well...lol :lol::lol:

As long as there's "no hunting" in the desiganted smoking areas, I agree with you......... LOL!!!

imagine what a 125 grain broadhead would do to the blackened lung of a smoker with a crossbow at 30 yards....With 165 lbs of pull...I can probably stack up 6-7 smokers and get em all with one shot...lmao...just kidding...a good smack down is one thing...mortal wounds is a completely different matter. Now I just sit back and wait for the Brownie fan to come on here and attack me!

Think of the man power you would need to do that. I think money can be spent better elsewhere than sterilizing a bunch of deer and other animals.

Something like having revenue made for the state from hunters with minimal expenses?

Now the catch is, that revenue from licenses actually goes back into support wildlife & fishing.

I suppose under your logic, instead of the state giving money to the elderly for medicine we should just kill them since they are probably near the end and there are better things the money could go toward.

I truly have no idea how Kings Island controls animal populations. And to be honest, until this post, I have never given it any true thought. I have my guesses, but I could be nowhere near the truth.

State parks ( specifically in Florida ) use natural smells, visuals, and sounds that unwanted animals naturally stay away from. Ichetucknee Springs State Park in FL. actually releases bacteria, and attempts to control viruses released into animal populations, to control numbers in areas where there are simply too many people to hunt safely. This is not an unusual attempt for squirrel populations.

However, I must stress the fact that I am in no way claiming to know what Kings Island does, if they do anything.

I was just stating that animals have just as much right to live as humans, there are other ways of dealing with them than killing them.

So, you're going down the road and are unable to stop your vehicle.

There is a child in the road and an animal in the road.

You're not able to swerve to avoid striking both.

Art, which one do you hit?

I mean i say we just let them be back in the woods until they start harming the envirnment or harming the rides in any way. They are not a nuscence to anyone so just let them be and let them live in their own natural habitat.

I was just stating that animals have just as much right to live as humans, there are other ways of dealing with them than killing them.

Art you can't grill'em til ...you kill'em. Deer look a lot better on my plate...than the grill of my car. You haven't lived until you have done the backstrap boogie

Art you can't grill'em til ...you kill'em. Deer look a lot better on my plate...than the grill of my car. You haven't lived until you have done the backstrap boogie

Why am I so reminded of?

Larry2.jpg

And for the older generation like myself:

mn_a_carson_turbo.jpg

Plus, the deer do not like the sounds of the theme park, therefor they stay out of the park area, and just stay back in the woods.

I think the park's thinking is that if they do not bother the guests, then they are not a nuisance.

So, you're going down the road and are unable to stop your vehicle.

There is a child in the road and an animal in the road.

You're not able to swerve to avoid striking both.

Art, which one do you hit?

Well, I would hit the animal but I would be devastated. I accidentally hit a raccoon once and I was so shaken I went back home and didn't drive for about a week.

Obviously it is great if the animals stay in the woods, I really hope that is what happens.

Guest kwindshawne
If your sick of Larry the Cable Guy...you wouldn't want to live around here...because most of the guys I know look and dress just like him.

Besides..the "Kill it/ Grill it mantra came from my favorite hunter!

nugedeer.jpg THE NUGE!!!

Ted Nugent is an a$$. There is a respectful way to cull the animals if there is no other choice, and posing with them in this manner disrespects the animal. Tell me, what do you do with the animal once you have it?

Is it just me or does Larry The Cable guy get on anyone's nerves now?

Love Larry the Cable Guy.

Saw him in concert a couple years ago and was hands down the funniest comedian I've seen.

Ted Nugent is an a$$. There is a respectful way to cull the animals if there is no other choice, and posing with them in this manner disrespects the animal. Tell me, what do you do with the animal once you have it?

Probably eat it.

Hunting is and has been an important part of America for centuries.

I don't see any issue with it as long ass the hunter is not (and most are not) wasteful.

Well, I would hit the animal but I would be devastated. I accidentally hit a raccoon once and I was so shaken I went back home and didn't drive for about a week.

Obviously it is great if the animals stay in the woods, I really hope that is what happens.

If you believe that animals have all the rights that people do, (and they actually do not under the law) how did you come up with that decision?

Guest kwindshawne

Hunting is fine. There is a respectful way to go about it, which touches on my personal religion that is not appropriate for the forum. Also, if you are going to take an animal, all parts must be used to honor the animal. I see parts being wasted all the time.

Deer are not as afraid of the park noises as some may think. Just last season I saw one standing by the track at Beast and she had no problem with it. Since they are running out of their natural habitat, they are adapting to being around people. I know hunting is necessary, but I dont think I could do it personally even though my ancestors survived that way.