Photo TR 8/3

welchce

I went to Kings Island Sunday the 3rd with my girlfriend. We arrived at the parking lot at about 11:30 and since it was unbelievably hot, we went to Boomerang Bay first.

The line for Tasmanian Typhoon was long (as always) so after a dip in the wave pool, we went to the other side of BB.

Down Under Thunder then Crocodile Run (which had a long line by the time we got off) then Bonzi Pipeline and finally Awesome Aussie Twister.

One thing I would like to say is that there has to be a better way for guests to obtain an inter tube on Crocodile Run. As of right now, it's basically a free for all and all the nearest life guard does is just yell at you if you go past a certain line. Maybe the best fix would be if they could re-station the life guards so one can hand out inter tubes to guests. Obviously not something that would be on top of KI's list but would still be nice.

Also something that would be nice is if there were large signs at the entrances to BB that restated the policy that men can not have rivets or zippers or any metal on their trunks. I saw at least one guy get sent back down the stairs on each of the slides I rode Sunday. I realize that it is stated in the park map but not everyone gets one and not everyone reads it. It would just be nice so guys don't get in a 15-20 minute line and then get told at the top they can't ride.

Now back to the regularly schedule TR:

We didn't plan on spending that much time in BB because this was her first trip this year. We were there for about an hour and a half and then left for Wendy's and came back to the park. Wendy's was pretty packed. It looks like more people are feed up with the food prices but I have no stats to back it up.

Since we wanted to let our food sit and knew we were going to wait in line for it anyway, we went to Firehawk right away. Good ride and saw the new track over there. Does anyone know what those buildings are for next to Firehawk (and I'm not talking about FoF, Terpy)? It looked like some of the track was station track fitted with wheels to slowly propel the train after loading. Could/Would KI be fitting the track with the mechanisms for the station back there? Or would that already be done? Just a thought I had.

So after Firehawk it went... Racer (smooth red), AE, (waited 10-15 for Delirium but it broke down for a while), Drop Tower, SoB, Flight Deck, Vortex, Beast, Crypt, FoF. We left about 8ish.

Now for the pictures...

I don't remember this sign before:

100_5896.JPG

Or the Coney Mall Oven:

100_5901.JPG

which ironically is right outside AE in Oktoberfest.

It looks like the toll phones still say Paramount:

100_5906.JPG

It looks like this stand could be carried away by a forklift:

100_5920.JPG

Was Shia LaBeouf here?

100_5936.JPG

100_5937.JPG

A reference to the movie Holes, if you were confused.

The reroute of the Crypt exit:

CryptExit1.JPG

And in a true move of nostalgia the FoF pre-ride video was playing. The UFO hanger and the station looked more lit up than normal too.

FoF.JPG

For all the photos...

http://picasaweb.google.com/welchce/20080803

Fin.

Nice PTR! On the picture showing the phone that still says Paramount's Kings Island, is that next to the elevator entrance to the Eiffel Tower? On my last trip to KI i noticed that and was going to take a picture of it but the ride op. was sitting next to it and she would probably think im taking pictures of her. And another thing, when you said "2 PER SEAT" "never made sense to me. I never tried to see if anyone could fit on my lap" I also noticed that last trip to KI, i know they have that sign in Racer's station, i believe it's also in Vortex's?, Beast's?, and another ride. I almost wanted to go sit on someone's lap and say "well thats what the sign is telling me to do" and see what the ride ops. do. :lol:

Nice PTR! On the picture showing the phone that still says Paramount's Kings Island, is that next to the elevator entrance to the Eiffel Tower?

It was the phones by the bathrooms by ... Racer or BLSC. I forget now but they were by a bathroom.

I also noticed that last trip to KI, i know they have that sign in Racer's station, i believe it's also in Vortex's?, Beast's?, and another ride. I almost wanted to go sit on someone's lap and say "well thats what the sign is telling me to do" and see what the ride ops. do. :lol:

Haha yeah. It also says it in line for FoF.

Wendy's was pretty packed. It looks like more people are feed up with the food prices but I have no stats to back it up.

There's your mistake....don't go to the one on Kings Mill, but do the North Montgomery Rd. one instead!! You'll lounge in air conditioned desolateness! :D

Wendy's was pretty packed. It looks like more people are feed up with the food prices but I have no stats to back it up.

There's your mistake....don't go to the one on Kings Mill, but do the North Montgomery Rd. one instead!! You'll lounge in air conditioned desolateness! :D

That's a nice word you just made up. I like it!

Not only was it busy but there was just a toilet and urinal in the men's bath room with no separator. This wouldn't have been bad if the door locked.... or even shut all the way lol