Alright now I had the best trip to KI

Cormaster

Well for once i have little to complain about. Just got back from KI about an hour ago. We left on Tuesday the 19th, just got back today. We originally had great wolf lodge reservations for 2 nights but we canceled them and went to the Kings Island Resort instead. Honestly much better bang for the buck. Don't get me wrong GWL is awesome, but no matter how good your experience is, the place is just overpriced. you can to florida for a week for about the same price you spend on 2 days at the Great Wolf Lodge.

I had low expectations for the resort but my experience was really good. Staff was really friendly and helpful, and the huge indoor pool and hottub were nice. spend my last 2 nights at Coasters, not a bad little bar. Also enjoyed the free transportation to the park and back. Only thing I didn't like about the resort was the Hard beds. Comfortable when you go to sleep but you wake up sore and aching. The Breakfast buffet was good in the morning. Didn't have a whole lot but they had the bare essentials, ie biscuits and gravy, french toast sticks, bacon, sausage, eggs, cereal, and bagels.

So we got there at about 4pm Tuesday evening. We checked in, got settled in our room, then had a drink at coasters. Then we hopped on the bus and went over to the park till it closed. We rode Adventure Express, Vortex, Son of Beast, and Invertigo twice in a row, thanks to our gold pass. We finished the night by going up in Eiffel Tower and checking out Diamondback construction... pretty impressive.

We left the park at about 7:30pm then headed back to the hotel. We went and swam in the indoor pool for a while and then it was time for dinner. Jackie wanted to try LaRosas so she asked a sherriff where one was at. He gave us directions and told us it was right next to Sonics. My ears perked up immediatly! I LOVE SONICS! You see poor indy was stripped of our all sonic restaraunts in early 2005, a big mystery that even the Sonic franchise doesn't know what happened. Apparently the owners decided to hang up shop over night and put their property up for sale, even the employees didn't realize this until they showed up to a shut down restaurant in early 2005. One is still standing as a stop-and-get-robbed car dealership called "rock and roll motors" the other one I went to was bulldozed and became Panda Bear Express or something like that. Regardless, we ended up going to La Rosa's Pizza instead because Jackie wanted it real bad, but she promised me Sonics the next night. After that we came back and finished our night at Coasters, then went to bed.

Next day on wednesday we got up early and went to breakfast, then we got to the park a little after 10. We rode Firehawk first as its always the hard one to get on. Shortest wait I ever had to get on it, only 10 minutes or so. Then we rode Vortex, and Beast, and then headed back to the car so we could get our swim wear and we headed over to Boomerang Bay. First time I've been since its been called boomerang bay, in fact first time in like 14 years or so! We first went to the lazy river and went around it twice, then we hit up Down Under Thunder and Sydney Sidewinder. Wanted to enjoy Awesome Aussie Twister and Bondi Pipeline but they were closed for the day. After that we headed over to the Outback shack to get some drink re-fills via our braceletts. From there it was on to the Wave pool for about 15 minutes, and then the Tasmanian Typhone. After that we were wore out so we made a speedway run then headed back to the hotel for a break.

during the break I had some coffee and an energy drink to get some energy and we had a couple snacks, then we relaxed in the hot tub and pool for a while. We headed back to the park about 6. After getting back to the park we hit up Son of Beast, Flight Deck, Vortex, Back Lot Stunt Track, and The Beast. After The Beast the park was closing so we headed back. Then I finally got the meal I've been craving for 4 years... foot long chilli cheese dog, sonic size chili cheese tater tots, and a watermelon Coke. Oh man I now know why Harold and Kumar were so excited to get White Castle. lol I felt like I was in heaven! I really missed that place. Now I have something else to look forward to every time I come out there! After that we once again finished our night with Coasters.

We woke up today and were completley wore out. We had breakfast, got cleaned up and checked out. Jackie wanted to do some shopping, I wanted to hit up the 2 coasters I hadn't rode yet. Jackie has a hard time riding both Flight of Fear and Racer so we tend to avoid them, but i wanted to hit them up. while she shopped, I first walked right on to Flight of Fear, then right on to The Racer. I was done in about 20 minutes, and so was she, so we were off, and now we're back.

We both had a really good time. It was a more relaxing trip than most. This was my 4th trip out there this year so there was nothing I just had to ride. Jackie also wasn't denied a ride on anything for once! it took the help of friendly staff to get her harness latched on Firehawk and The Beast, but other than that no problems! The trip was an absolute blast! Only thing I was disapointed with was it seemed like half of boomerang bay was closed. They only had one side of the sidewinder open, and both Aussie twister and Bondi Pipeline were closed. oh yeah and Snowy River Rampage was also closed. Pipeline paradise was also closed. Are they getting rid of these attractions or were they just broke? I was a little irritated since I was looking foward to the pipe slides that I hadn't rode since i was a kid, and I really wanted to try out that surfing simulator. Other than that no complaints.

We both had a really good time. It was a more relaxing trip than most.

Yeah, I've learned to never underestimate the satisfaction of a relaxing trip. Running around from ride to ride in the hot sun can burn you out real quick. I haven't rode as many rides as I did last year but just walking around the park and looking at the construction is very calming and enjoyable. It sounds like you had an absolutely amazing time.

Great trip report.

Only thing I was disapointed with was it seemed like half of boomerang bay was closed. They only had one side of the sidewinder open, and both Aussie twister and Bondi Pipeline were closed. oh yeah and Snowy River Rampage was also closed. Pipeline paradise was also closed. Are they getting rid of these attractions or were they just broke? I was a little irritated since I was looking foward to the pipe slides that I hadn't rode since i was a kid, and I really wanted to try out that surfing simulator. Other than that no complaints.

I'm guessing that they were closed because they do no thave enough life gaurds to work this late in the season with most of them going back to school. I have not gone to Boomerang Bay this year but last year we went about two weeks into August and they were already running low on staff over there.

Only thing I was disapointed with was it seemed like half of boomerang bay was closed. They only had one side of the sidewinder open, and both Aussie twister and Bondi Pipeline were closed. oh yeah and Snowy River Rampage was also closed. Pipeline paradise was also closed. Are they getting rid of these attractions or were they just broke? I was a little irritated since I was looking foward to the pipe slides that I hadn't rode since i was a kid, and I really wanted to try out that surfing simulator. Other than that no complaints.

I'm guessing that they were closed because they do no thave enough life gaurds to work this late in the season with most of them going back to school. I have not gone to Boomerang Bay this year but last year we went about two weeks into August and they were already running low on staff over there.

That was my assumption but I wasn't sure. Thought I'd check.

I don't know if you meant they stripped all of the Sonic restaurants out of Indiana or just Indianapolis but there is a Sonic still left in Indiana! It's in Madison! I'm sure if you look on their website you can find more locations in IN! :D

~Ash

I meant Indianapolis. There are still some around Indiana but none in Indianapolis. I really hope they return someday. But it still was one of the best meals of my life! LOL I figured it might taste different, you know like maybe indy put their own twist on it, but nope, it was the same sonics. I also had a banana cream pie milkshake for desert. Yum yum!

BTW when people say "indy" they are referring to Indianapolis, not Indiana. Thats Indianapolis's official nickname.