Kings Island TR July 13

gigacoaster2k

Her is the other TR I found in my MySpace blogs.

I didn't take any photos on this trip.

A friend called me to say she saw my MySpace bulletin about going to Kings Island, and I was so excited about seeing her that I never thought to set a time and place to meet.. So I never found her.. yeah, I realize I'm brilliant. :rolleyes:

I still had a great time though. I rode: Delirium, Drop Tower, Vortex, Invertigo, Firehawk, Delirium again, Drop Tower again, Racer, Beast, Drop Tower again, Invertigo again, and Drop Tower 5 more times in a row at the end of the night. The Drop Tower ride op actually high fived me for my insane ride count.

I have to give kudos to a girl that was cleaning the bathrooms, my contact was really bothering me and she noticed.

She stopped cleaning to offer to go get me some contact solution from the first aid station.

Nice to know that people out there still have a sense of exceptional customer service.

I was chilling in the shade sipping my blue razz Icee, when some 10 (?) year old girl walked up to me with her little brother, and she asked me if American Eagle was a brand clothing company. I said yes, and she smacked him in the back of the head with her park map and said "I told you so!" and takes off chasing him, continuing to beat him with the park map. :lol:

Lines were surprisingly short seeing as how it was clear and sunny all day (except for Firehawk, which always has at least a 45 min wait, it seems). It dawned on me later that a lot of people might have gone over to the water park. It was very, very hot. I saw a lot of people sitting on benches in the shade chugging bottles of water or fanning themselves with a park map. I can't tell you how many times I hit the water fountain or bought something to drink, I was wearing shorts and a tank and I was still frying.

My last ride of the night was Drop Tower just as they started the fireworks. That was a real treat to see fireworks from the top, and I looked out at the park to see every ride lit up with flashing lights. That was a cool way to end the night.