What do you think about AE?

FOFreak

^^I'll try not to start again with my childish behavior, so I'll just say this. Its cool the whole family can ride but it just doesnt make me tick like FOF or Drop Tower can!

^The wind in your face on the front seat is awesome you don't know what your missin', but if your looking for airtime sit one car up!

Well, it isn't like Voyage is themed to a Pilgrim trip across the ocean blue in fourteen hundred and ninety-two..... :)

Voyage? It's no bull....but then again it isn't a strong wind in Georgia, nor an earthquake in Idaho, either...or even a Coaster in Vancouver....

tee hee

Raging Bull, Georgia Cyclone, Tremors, and Coaster? :blink:

Certainly NOT.

El Toro, Georgia Cyclone, Tremors and Coaster.

Terpy, glad to have the opportunity to have great adventures often. Isn't that really the point? Adventures....EXPRESS! :)

In my book, AE is fun if you're looking for that break from the big rides. It's just not thrilling enough for me, I crave adrenaline when it comes to my rides and coasters. No offense to anyone who does like it, but it just isn't my speed (no pun intended :lol: ).

At KI, I can really only be found around Drop Tower, FOF, Delirium, Beast, Invertigo, and BLSC (I like BLSC because it has a lot of elements packed into one ride). And Firehawk when you don't have to wait years, which is rare.

KI is about fun. Adrenaline for me only comes into play when I'm hanging on Drop Tower and Invertigo. Or when my children misbehave....LOL!!!

Terror comes into play when I'm hanging on Drop Tower.. but I run back for more every time. I can not wait to go Saturday and do my Drop Tower marathon. I had a friend bet me that I couldn't ride it 10 times in a row. He's about to lose. :lol:

KI is about fun. Adrenaline for me only comes into play when I'm hanging on Drop Tower and Invertigo. Or when my children misbehave....LOL!!!

Terror comes into play when I'm hanging on Drop Tower.. but I run back for more every time. I can not wait to go Saturday and do my Drop Tower marathon. I had a friend bet me that I couldn't ride it 10 times in a row. He's about to lose. :lol:

Yep!!! I always wonder what I'm doing up there (profanities excluded from those thoughts :) ) but when I get to the bottom< I want to do it again. But Saturday is The Haunt. The lines may make 10 rides impossible :)

^I wouldn't be so sure. I'm not the biggest fan of the Haunts so when I went last year I was mainly going to ride rides. I found even on saturdays with the park being open so late that a lot of the lines died down and weren't too bad. You'll find most people waiting in line for the mazes and fear zones it seems.

7PM

If the lines seriously die down the way you guys are saying they might, be prepared for a whopper of a ride count in my TR, because I'm arriving at 11 am and staying until 1 am when the park closes. My name is RideWarrior on another website, and I plan to live up to that. ;)

I plan to get some serious rides in between 3-7 pm to.

Last year was my first trip to KI in over 15 years. This year, we took the kids twice. I have now ridden AE twice, and must say I am not a big fan. While I often read people complaining about the roughness of The Beast or the Son of Beast, it is actually AE that has caused me the most discomfort - and has done so without the thrills. I was also expecting something good after that last lift hill, only to be left at the end of the ride - a big letdown.

It is one of the rides that if my kids want to go on it, I do not mind passing.

If I had to rank the coasters I've ridden at KI, they would go: (Keep in mind, I like speed and intensity)

1. Beast

2. Son of Beast

3. Racer

4. Vortex

5. BLSC

6. Flight Deck

7. Fairly Odd Coaster

8. AE

9. Runaway Reptar

I have not had a chance to ride Firehawk, FOF or Invertigo as my kids are not tall enough yet. My daughter should cross the 54" threshold next season though. I would ride the first 7 anytime. The last 2 - I do not mind missing.

I love it for a terrible, horrifically outdated joke I always tell at the end of it.

When the gods say, "NOW YOU WILL PAY!" I always yell "A LOT FOR THIS MUFFLER!"

I can't imagine anyone on the planet getting that joke (it's a spin-off of an old Meinike ad) or even if they did LAUGHING at it, but I laugh my fool head off every time, and have for like 15 years...

RD

Hmmm. I doubt there is a minetrain ride in the USA I have not ridden. And Adventure Express is tied for second best among them, in my humble opinion. It is a great ride..the things you don't like about it are the things I adore, the STRONG laterals, the speed, the intensity, The ONLY minetrain in the USA I prefer is Roadrunner Express at Fiesta Texas. If I had to choose a second between Runaway Mine Train at Six Flags Great Adventure and Adventure Express at Kings Island, I'd be hard put to make a choice...I adore them both in totally different ways. Just as I adore Firehawk, Flight of Fear and Adventure Express in totally different ways. In my humble opinion, any of the three of them is superior to any existing operational coaster at Kings Island, except, perhaps, Fairly Odd Coaster. And yes, I am serious.

NOTE: I do NOT consider the Matterhorn at Disneyland a minetrain ride. If it is one, then that is by far my favorite minetrain ride. I consider it a highly themed steel coaster experience, not unlike Space Mountain in that regard.

My second favorite coaster at KI is FOC. It may not have the speed and intensity of other rides, but it's just fun and it rarely has a wait. Fairly Odd Coaster is greatly enhanced when the turn- around brake is OFF!

Hmmm. I doubt there is a minetrain ride in the USA I have not ridden. And Adventure Express is tied for second best among them, in my humble opinion. It is a great ride..the things you don't like about it are the things I adore, the STRONG laterals, the speed, the intensity, The ONLY minetrain in the USA I prefer is Roadrunner Express at Fiesta Texas. If I had to choose a second between Runaway Mine Train at Six Flags Great Adventure and Adventure Express at Kings Island, I'd be hard put to make a choice...I adore them both in totally different ways. Just as I adore Firehawk, Flight of Fear and Adventure Express in totally different ways. In my humble opinion, any of the three of them is superior to any existing operational coaster at Kings Island, except, perhaps, Fairly Odd Coaster. And yes, I am serious.

NOTE: I do NOT consider the Matterhorn at Disneyland a minetrain ride. If it is one, then that is by far my favorite minetrain ride. I consider it a highly themed steel coaster experience, not unlike Space Mountain in that regard.

My second favorite coaster at KI is FOC. It may not have the speed and intensity of other rides, but it's just fun and it rarely has a wait. Fairly Odd Coaster is greatly enhanced when the turn- around brake is OFF!

Whoa when have you seen FOC without a wait. Everytime i am over there it has a tremendously long line.

I have been on multiple Saturdays and have never waited more than 15 minutes for it. It seems longer than it seems, but with a normal two train operation, the lines move extremely fast. The ride was always a walk on when I rode it on the weekdays in mid-summer. Try it, a line that appears to be 45 minutes turns out to be ten.

Are you trying to trick me into showing up for just the three hours before Haunt on a Saturday and then going out to dinner, and then coming back the last hour of haunt? Oh, wait....no re-entry...won't work.

:)

No, I would never dare trick you. I was simply saying the park is abandoned the last few hours before haunt (And People can back me up on that) and that's when to get your kiddie fix if you need one.