Beast Getting Redisigned Entrance

FOFreak

Ha! Found it.

hey, head over to newsplusnotes.com for pictures of some guys in the sign shop working on the new entrance sign for The Beast!

warning... you may be disappointed.

Good find, specialk141! (and good find-of-a-find, Beast1979)... That doesn't seem too disappointing; it's smaller than I imagined, but it's "3D" (well, relief), and very well-crafted-looking.

• 2 weeks later...

...not as much as the new one...One big difference is that on the old sign, the chain that holds onto "Beast" is 2-D if not very slightly raised. On the new sign, the whole chain area holding "Beast" is completely sculpted and raised from the back ground, it looks like real chain.

As you entered The Beast queue, you saw a building that was first in front of you and then to your right as you turned left, going along the perimeter of the building, passing a phone box and then on into the queue house...at one time soft drinks and small food items were sold from the building's front windows...later there were soft drink machines. This was Beast Canyon.

As you entered The Beast queue, you saw a building that was first in front of you and then to your right as you turned left, going along the perimeter of the building, passing a phone box and then on into the queue house...at one time soft drinks and small food items were sold from the building's front windows...later there were soft drink machines. This was Beast Canyon.

Ohhh ok. I never knew that's what it was called. Thanks!

And the reason that Beast Canyon building is not there, is because it takes time to model buildings in 3D. Why model a building if it will only be seen for a few frames during the movie? Not to mention that the animation could have shown the existing paths as they were without any potential changes because at the time the animation was created, the park was not sure of the design or scope of the changes to The Beast entrance plaza. Just saying.

And the reason that Beast Canyon building is not there, is because it takes time to model buildings in 3D. Why model a building if it will only be seen for a few frames during the movie? Not to mention that the animation could have shown the existing paths as they were without any potential changes because at the time the animation was created, the park was not sure of the design or scope of the changes to The Beast entrance plaza. Just saying.

Yeah I see what your saying and maybe we are over examining it just a bit. I guess we are just way to anxious and just start throwing out ideas. I can't wait to see what the final outcome is though.

I think that the entrance to The Beast is a place that, especially if you're a member of this forum, you've spent a lot of time. Some people remember The Beast from when it was new, and may have grown up riding it. Despite all the excitement around Diamondback, I'm sure there's a lot of us interested in lots of different parts of KI for the new season, especially the entrance to The Beast.

From the animations it looks like everything is going to look the same. Maybe just redone. But there is no sign of The Beast at all in them either.

3211536976_8a11fe3c0b_o.png3211536978_dc8fcec40f_o.png

I thought so too, but I was corrected in this same thread. See post #23. I have it on good authority that the entrance to The Beast will look completely different in 2009.

Has The Beast Canyon been there since The Beast opened?

For the most part, yes. It held a refreshment stand both in the front as you enter and in the middle turnstiles. But that was back when you could get a nacho or two dogs and a large drink for the same price of a large drink today.

If you mean because the line was much longer than today, yes.

If you mean because the quality of the two dogs or nachos was much higher than nowadays, therefore you could finish them comfortably, also yes.

If you mean you could eat such things without regard to long term effects as one was younger and didn't have some of the 'issues' we older folk also seem to get more often, also yes.

Terpy, who wouldn't want to HAVE to before boarding. . .

Maybe the water to work again in the Station ?

I highly doubt that. The water used to be pumped up from the pond and then dropped over the gold sleuth near the station and there used to be a waterfall where the mine cart in the turn around is now. The water was removed for a multitude of reasons.

Side note: the park did some really nice landscaping work around The Beast this year especially the cave/mine cart. They even added a light that lit up at night.

ya for its 30th birthday

I think that the entrance to The Beast is a place that, especially if you're a member of this forum, you've spent a lot of time.

You can say that again. But...not as much time as in the station or on the ride. :) I'd prefer to keep it that way. The only time I stand outside the entrance is when it's closed for weather or maintenance.

My personal best is 35 rides in one day. A LOT of time is correct. :)

instead of you walking back and first entering the line at beast canyon, you will enter where The Beast sign was last year next to the second helix on Diamondback.

or at least that's how i took it from don, please correct me if i am wrong.

This should be a great photo opportunity for Diamondback as well!

Well, yes and no. The area to get back to The Beast will be right along the pathway by the games building. From the way I understand it, there will still be a small plaza by The Beast Photo booth. One thing that will be improved, according to Don, is that the actual entrance to The Beast will be more clearly marked. This past year, guests often were confused about where the actual entrance was, and some of them would try and enter in the exit, until they passed the photo booth and realized they were at the exit, not the entrance.