the PROWLER

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Nice. I think it looks way better than SOB.

no wooden coaster (except maybe The Beast) could ever be better than Son of Beast.

Maybe if you have no nerves in your back...

well, i am 200% sure that i have nerves in my back and Son of Beast is still (as of pre-Diamondback) my favorite roller coaster at Kings Island, and my favorite wooden roller coaster out of all that i have rode.

no wooden coaster (except maybe The Beast) could ever be better than Son of Beast.

well, i am 200% sure that i have nerves in my back and Son of Beast is still (as of pre-Diamondback) my favorite roller coaster at Kings Island, and my favorite wooden roller coaster out of all that i have rode.

It's hard to say that a coaster with such a horrid reputation for being rough is good. And before the "oh you have to sit in the right spot and brace yourself", the gp wouldn't event think of that... and coasters aren't made only for enthusiasts.

It's hard to say that a coaster with such a horrid reputation for being rough is good. And before the "oh you have to sit in the right spot and brace yourself", the gp wouldn't event think of that... and coasters aren't made only for enthusiasts.

to tell you the complete truth i haven't rode Son of Beast in the same spot twice with either sets of trains, and i love it just as much in one spot as i do in another.

Then you might also want to check out Boulderdash...and Rollo Coaster!

http://www.rcdb.com/ig602.htm?picture=16

http://www.rcdb.com/ig272.htm?picture=5

Rollo Coaster is a very good coaster, although a little unerving at times.

Haven't had the pleasure of Boulderdash, but it looks amazing and I hear good things.

Raven is another coaster that hugs the terrain well. Although it is sometimes neglected because of its older siblings.

Prowler should be an excelent coaster.

I believe you mean Raven is sometimes neglected because of its younger siblings (Voyage--2006 and Legend--2000). Raven was built in 1995, before them, and is thus older. The only older major coaster in the park--Firecracker--was removed in 1997, and operated a single year at Jolly Roger Amusement Park, since which it has operated on the fair circuits.

I'll just repeat what I said about this ride at another site.

"It looks like a real Beast..."

(btw, I said that before it was announced. I happened to be at the park a few days before that. The layout was a secret too...)

I remain half skeptical of a GCII out and back. One of the things that makes GCIIs are their numerous crossovers and near misses with the track and supports, it feels like truely flying through a twisted mass of wood. Wooded out and backs? Boulder Dash, Beast, maybe a few others, those aren't usually made by people like GCII.

Everything is better then the SoB, my friend.

My Word. I have ridden only 11 wooden coasters, and Each and every one of them is better then the Son of Bi......Beast.

And even then you have your spine to care to!

I just do not understand you SoB lovers. What in the world makes it a good ride to you guys?

So true, yet it is the most common defense for a SoB lover. Do you know how many times I have gotten off the SoB and I have heard a member of the GP say "Burn it?"

to tell you the complete truth i haven't rode Son of Beast in the same spot twice with either sets of trains, and i love it just as much in one spot as i do in another.

When we hit the final brakes after I rode in the second to last car on the blue train I could not feel my legs. Period.

A COASTER SHOULD NOT LEAVE YOU IN PAIN!!!!!!!

QUOTE (coaster_junky @ Nov 24 2008, 09:55 PM)

I just do not understand you SoB lovers. What in the world makes it a good ride to you guys?

That's like asking what in the world makes it a bad ride to you? Some people like the roughness of wooden coasters, especially Son of Beast. I like the roughness aspect of Son of Beast and other wooden coasters.

I guess everyone has their own opinions.

In my world, there is rough and there is violent. I adore violent wooden coasters:

* The Georgia Cyclone

* Tremors

* The Coney Island Cyclone

* The Riverside Cyclone pre-Six Flags' major modifications thereto

I do NOT adore rough. There is no reason a wooden coaster should be rough. Wolverine Wildcat, the helix of Shivering Timbers under Cedar Fair's "maintenance" at Michigan's Adventure...just two examples of rough. And yes, in any seat in any row other than the first, I find Son of Beast rough. Unacceptably so. Too bad most of the public will never know of the smooth ride available now in the front row (only) of Son of Beast. For that reason, I very highly doubt that coaster will still be entertaining fans in 2020. I very, very much doubt it will...and that doesn't even factor in what the maintenance and other associated costs for that son of a beast will be betwixt now and then....

SoB is not rough. SoB is painfull. Every single time I ride it I come off feeling like I was riding a Jackhammer during an earthquake. It's not a matter of opinion, it HURTS.

just a quick fyi, no one has said that you have to ride it <_< , and it is a matter of opinion, because to me it doesn't hurt.

Various riders' subjective impressions of the ride are only opinions. The maintenance and associated costs will be matters of fact, not opinion. So will be total ridership on an annual basis. What is to become of the ride remains to be seen. One can be an avid fan of a ride and still see it go. See, for instance, for me, The Williams Grove Cyclone, the Blue Streak at Conneaut Lake Park, Pysclone at Magic Mountain, the Big Dipper at Geauga Lake, Hercules at Dorney Park (which had a tremendous first drop but not much else), the Flyer Comet at Whalom, the Hurricane at Pavilion, etc.

For that reason, I very highly doubt that coaster will still be entertaining fans in 2020. I very, very much doubt it will...and that doesn't even factor in what the maintenance and other associated costs for that son of a beast will be betwixt now and then....

2020? I don't want that thing still in KI by 2015! I can imagine it's a pain to maintain, and I am curious to see the ridership on that ride for the last 9 years......

just a quick fyi, no one has said that you have to ride it <_<

And I called it quits on that ride in September. I gave it 5 chances and each it dissapointed me. So that's one less person to crowd your line!

Various riders' subjective impressions of the ride are only opinions. The maintenance and associated costs will be matters of fact, not opinion. So will be total ridership on an annual basis. What is to become of the ride remains to be seen. One can be an avid fan of a ride and still see it go. See, for instance, for me, The Williams Grove Cyclone, the Blue Streak at Conneaut Lake Park, Pysclone at Magic Mountain, the Big Dipper at Geauga Lake, Hercules at Dorney Park (which had a tremendous first drop but not much else), the Flyer Comet at Whalom, the Hurricane at Pavilion, etc.

I adored Big Dipper. The thing was a true classic. When I heard it would never operate again I cryed.

It MAY operate again, but it is highly unlikely. It appears the buyer bought it in perhaps an attempt to induce others to pay the buyer to relocate it, at much more than typical rates. The story told at the time, that it would be set up again as a non-operating museum piece, and that more details would be forthcoming in the impending weeks, turned out to apparently not hold water.

It MAY operate again, but it is highly unlikely. It appears the buyer bought it in perhaps an attempt to induce others to pay the buyer to relocate it, at much more than typical rates. The story told at the time, that it would be set up again as a non-operating museum piece, and that more details would be forthcoming in the impending weeks, turned out to apparently not hold water.

As I remember it when it was sold it was,

"To a private buyer, who would re-erect it as a nostalgia piece, not to ever have it operate."

In my world, there is rough and there is violent. I adore violent wooden coasters:

Well said. I enjoy violent woodies too. Timber Wolf (Worlds of Fun) leaves me with huge bruises, but I still love it because of the amazing laterals, lack of trims, and great airtime. Rough would be Son of Beast. And Timber Wolf pre-2008. Timber Wolf was mostly retracked, and it's still rough, but it doesn't leave me in pain. Son of Beast does. I can still feel the effects of Son of Beast 5 months later. It's like a 200 foot tall liability...