Spirit Song 2009

Colonel_SoB_fan

Spirit Song was great last year, especially when Newsboys performed.

Groups I am looking forward to:

Thursday: Skillet (When will they [Premier Festivals] realize that they have the talent and equipment to be the headliner for the night?) and Switchfoot.

Friday: Newsboys (Sadly it doesn't look like they will be the headliner for the night), Remedy Drive (A great new group with a great debut album that my brother and I listened to a lot on our way to Kings Island last year.), Kutless, and Third Day.

Saturday: Fireflight and Family Force 5.

How easy is it to hear the bands out side of Timberwolf? I have never been to Spirit Song due to the 2 hour drive + the massive crowds. Its just never been worth the drive for me. This year, I will at least be in the park when this thing is happening. I LOVE Skillet, Newsboys, Family Force 5, Mercy Me, and David Crowder. Basically everyone who will be there. If I can't get in, I would at least like to hear them.

When Weird Al played there in August 08 (or 07...the years fly by now), but I easily heard the whole show hanging out and coastin' in Action Zone.

My question, can you look down and see the show from Drop Tower?? (asking as a non-DT rider)

Yes you can see it from DT when the your seat is on that side. Although you dont have a good view for very long...

When Weird Al played there in August 08 (or 07...the years fly by now), but I easily heard the whole show hanging out and coastin' in Action Zone.

My question, can you look down and see the show from Drop Tower?? (asking as a non-DT rider)

Yeah, I was there a couple years ago when Modest Mouse was there and started moving up DT (Drop Zone then) just as The Walkmen (opening band) started playing my favorite song by them (The Rat). It was awesome. I could see them perfectly, until we dropped.

The rest of the evening we could hear Modest Mouse throughout the park. Even in The Beast's queue I caught some "Float On". Too bad that because of the trims, there was no Floating On The Beast that night. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
I am excited to see Third Day! How long does each concert last for each day? The ticket says it starts at 10 am, but the website says it starts in the afternoon...

When I saw Skillet last year I think they played for around 45 minutes. I'm sure that as the day goes on, acts will play longer sets.

Ticket says 10 am because that when KI opens and your ticket can get you into KI. The length of band does depend on the time they go out and how long they been around. Toby Mac will go longer than fireflight, because 1 he is the main act that day and second because he has more music. Fireflight will probably go longer than Remedy Drive because they have more music. The earlier acts will be out about 30 minutes to a hour and the main acts about 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours

Hello all! The selling of Spirit Song tickets in 2009 has not been without its snaffous. Like last year, Ticketmaster has dropped the ball once again, in the exact opposite way that they did it last year. I was online and ready to go right at 10 A.M. just like I was supposed to be if I wanted a great seat. I needed a simple concert-only three day pass to the festival due to the fact that I already have a park admission ticket AKA a season pass. However, Ticketmaster was only selling the combined park and concert admission tickets when they went on sale at 10 o'clock yesterday morning. (This was the exact opposite of what happened last year. You could only buy concert-only tickets which sparked mass confusion.) So, I ended up having to get my ticket through iTickets because they had the right thing for sale. I hated doing that because for some reason iTickets doesn't know where the seats will be until they start to print the tickets. At some point during the day, Ticketmaster did fix the problem. At 6:30 yesterday evening I could get a three day concert-only ticket through Ticketmaster in Section 3 Row C, which is a very very good seat. But I already bought my ticket through iTickets.

It looks like the problems have been resolved, but it goes down as yet another year that Ticketmaster doesn't get it right. I obviously hope I'm in a seat as good as or better than Section 3, Row C.

All that being said, I'm excited for this year's Spirit Song. Of course they are the three busiest days of the operating season, but it is still always fun. I'm really looking forward to seeing Skillet and hope that they are now a Spirit Song tradition that will come back every year. I also believe they should be headlining.

See you all in July.