Diamondback Opening Day Meet-Up

kjkjkj

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question.. someone just told me they were invited to sleep in the parking lot the night before Diamondback opens to be one of the first ones to ride, and i thought.... are you allowed to sleep in the parking lot or will you be shued away at 3:00 in the morning? answers greatly appreciated.

I called the park for some datails and the associate said she's seen people at the drop-off parking lot before the main parking lot opens in the past. As a side note, I LOVE how the details on Diamondback are changing for the better. Originally, there wasn't supposed to be any ERT, but now there's going to be (Hooray for Gold Passes!). Plus, I found out that the media is riding April 17th and not the 18th. Hopefully we all won't have to wait too long on Opening Day to ride this bad boy!

Would anyone else be interested in getting KIC t-shirts, possibly with our usernames on them? I'd be happy to work out the details and find a place to print them if we can get it done on this short notice. I know I can get embroidery done same-day but I don't know about silk screening. We could even just do iron-ons, I could whip up a design and you could print them out. I'd say we should all get the ones through cafepress but I know those won't get here in time.

That way all of those who are going to the park as singles, or are just interested in meeting others from the forum, could go "hey! a KIC member!" if they see one of the shirts in the park.

Evey year during the off season suggestions are made for site specific clothing merchandise but nothing more than that usually comes from it. Being this close to opening day trying to come up with something (let alone personable) to be ready and paid for would be quite the undertaking. Plus the need to hand them out before rope drop and then what for those who are late or stuck in line at the parking tolls. I would suggest buying similar shirts at Kings Island and for those who wanted something more custom get a shirt from the place in the park that does those.

I also will be looking to hook up with some fellow Kings Island enthusiast but I am not the type to run from ride to ride so I may be looking for some that would prefer taking in and seeing all the new offerings Kings Island has to offer this year while having conversations.

I'd honestly love to have one, but I don't see them being ready by Opening Day. Maybe by Ride Warriors Weekend though! I'm honestly just going to have an iron-on shirt made saying KICentral and having my username below that on both sides of the white shirt that I'll be wearing. If anyone sees me I'll be happy to meet you and shake your hand. Let me know if you make any headway with this idea Viola. I'd LOVE to have an official KICentral t-shirt.

Evey year during the off season suggestions are made for site specific clothing merchandise but nothing more than that usually comes from it. Being this close to opening day trying to come up with something (let alone personable) to be ready and paid for would be quite the undertaking. Plus the need to hand them out before rope drop and then what for those who are late or stuck in line at the parking tolls. I would suggest buying similar shirts at Kings Island and for those who wanted something more custom get a shirt from the place in the park that does those.

I also will be looking to hook up with some fellow Kings Island enthusiast but I am not the type to run from ride to ride so I may be looking for some that would prefer taking in and seeing all the new offerings Kings Island has to offer this year while having conversations.

Avatar we shouldve hung out when i saw you at BLSC last year, but you looked busy. LOL!!!

( Ruler who has been deprived from seeing people from this forum but Avatar, and Gatorhead but he was workin)

From what I'm hearing at Guest Relations, Diamondback will not be part of Opening Day ERT. Only the other coasters will be allowed access.

GOLD PASS EARLY RIDE TIMES All Season Long

Another Gold Pass Exclusive

Every public operating day this year, starting April 18th, the park opens early for Gold Passholders to enjoy some of their favorite rides and attractions!

• Sunday thru Friday - ½ early entrance for Diamondback and Beast.
  • Monday - ½ hr early in Nickelodeon Universe.
  • Wednesday - ½ hr early rides in Boomerang Bay.
  • Saturday - 1 hr early entrance for Diamondback and Beast.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/events.cfm?ec_id=27