Plans for Haunt this year

Roarbot

^I've never understood why the park simply dumps things like that. The park could auction them off on eBay and donate the money to a charity, such as A Kid Again. The program's debut would get the park some good media attention and the money would help out the charities.

...there are SO many old props the park could auction off but just decide to leave rusting away in the Boneyard. Namely all the old props that used to reside in the Paramount Story

I wonder how much money they could raise just for auctioning off the Enterprise starship or Forrest's bench...

I believe you would find the terms of Cedar Fair's acquisition agreement required that they turn over to CBS/Viacom those props, and that should CBS/Viacom not take them for any reason, the park does NOT have the right to sell them to others, nor to use them after a time certain, which may or may not have already expired.

^I've never understood why the park simply dumps things like that. The park could auction them off on eBay and donate the money to a charity, such as A Kid Again. The program's debut would get the park some good media attention and the money would help out the charities.

...there are SO many old props the park could auction off but just decide to leave rusting away in the Boneyard. Namely all the old props that used to reside in the Paramount Story

I wonder how much money they could raise just for auctioning off the Enterprise starship or Forrest's bench...

I believe you would find the terms of Cedar Fair's acquisition agreement required that they turn over to CBS/Viacom those props, and that should CBS/Viacom not take them for any reason, the park does NOT have the right to sell them to others, nor to use them after a time certain, which may or may not have already expired.

Even if they can't use the old Paramount props, there still has to be things that people would spend money on. How about some of the Diamondback promotional stuff that came out at the end of last year? Or at the end of this year, auction off some of the banners hanging in Rivertown?

Parks auction off things that are no longer needed or wanted by anyone. Case in point--Disney often puts old stuff up for auction--banners that hung in the park from past events, sometimes costumes that are outdated, or, every once in a great while, something huge like when DL auctioned off the old Disneyland sign letter by letter..I beleieve John Stamos won it. I imagine one day KI will raid its storage areas and find things that may have some value to a mass of people, but these days I imagine a lot of material gets recycled for new stuff in order to save costs. I recall the 07 KIC summer behind the scness tour when, in the sign shop, the only old signs still up were on the wall for sentimental value--everything else had been reused.