Single Riders on DB Line Rocks

raptor

Help me out here, since I am almost always a single rider, where do single riders enter on Diamondback? Also, do you have to wait in that line that streches back to Terre Haute before you enter the single rider line, or can you just bypass that line and enter the single rider line?

Thanks!

Hey Jackson. First, I would like to say I hope you had a wonderful time this morning! Yes, you, unfortunately, have to wait in the line that stretches back to (where ever). This morning, it went to nearly The Beast, this afternoon, it was at Central Grill. Once you wait in line and then go through the three rows of external queue lines (the ons before you go under the Diamondback sign), then you are allowed to go into the single riders line. Today, I waited about fifteen minutes and then went to single riders line, and then I waited about twenty five minutes and then went to the single riders line. Overall, I waited about 2.5 hours this morning for my first ride, and then I rode it twice later in the day. The two later rides, I didn't have to wait even 30 minutes for either. I know, it sucks that you have to wait in line before the single riders line, but oh well.

As someone who's been burnin' up the Single Riders line today, if they're out of SR cards you can't go in the SR line.

But honestly people have seriously been abusing this line today, so I hope KI tries to be strict, which they've been pretty good about!

Also, the whole freakin' main queue is seriously barely 45 mins, so if they're out of cards just please move on and don't b*tch! :)

What do you mean abusing the single riders line? I saw almost nobody in the line all day. Every five or ten minutes I would see a couple of people go through it, but that was it. And plus, somebody should go through it. On almost every train I saw, there was at least one open seat, sometimes five or six!

Help me out here, since I am almost always a single rider, where do single riders enter on Diamondback? Also, do you have to wait in that line that streches back to Terre Haute

I like the wizard of oz, I like the tin man

Am I crazy? Or am I the only person who thought it was a little bumpy?

I thought it was slightly bumpy, but it is nothing to complain about. I did get a slight headache from all three of my lines, but it was from the extreme G's that I'm not used to, I think.

Diamondback has totally lived to the hype,I arrived at 6:00 and the wait was worth it,there was so much airtime my ears started to pop ,and Cedar Fair actual did some landscaping and theming to the darn ride!

and yes zoso beast you are crazy

No zoso beast, you're not crazy. I absolutely LOVED all of the theming that was done in the Rivertown area this year!! I thought the entire area around Diamondback, from the Eiffel Tower side to The Beast entrance and BLSC, and the Diamondback entrance looked AMAZING!!! :) :) :) :)

Help me out here, since I am almost always a single rider, where do single riders enter on Diamondback? Also, do you have to wait in that line that streches back to Terre Haute

I like the wizard of oz, I like the tin man

Leave him alone, he's trying to think. (Of how he will shoot his eye out Christmas morning.)

Thought you'd get away with it did ya, well think again buster. There are too many snake eyes in this here town. Now go down by the river and see if you can find Black Bart.

I'm not really complaining about the single riders line (I used it twice this afternoon as I went alone after dropping the family at home when we returned from vacation), but ... I think KI will need to make some modifications to the system to ensure a more consistent approach. Two issues I saw today:

- Different operators either allowed people to wait to the side for cards or didn't

- A single rider not 10 yards ahead of me was told that no cards were available and moved on, but a ride op walked up with cards right as I got there so I got one

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but also think it might need some tweaking as the season progresses

To get into the single rider line, a ride op (at the sign) handed you a card in a laminated pocket saying "Diamondback Single Rider". I assume it is to stop people from jumping into the Single Rider Line from the switchbacks. I was told that there were only 30 of these cards and that when all were handed out, no more single riders were permitted until they were returned to the ride op.

^^And most of the 25 minutes was spent waiting to get to the entrance to the single rider line. A few times when I got in, the line was either empty or only had 1 or 2 people in it, which is essentially almost a walk-on. I agree with the "tweaking." They need an efficient way to get the cards back from the station down to the entrance sign. And also, Tigellinus said a family had 3 single rider passes each... I'm really wondering how this could have happened. When you enter the line there is an attendant that hands you one pass. The only explanation I can think of is if the people were using the single rider pass to get far down into the queue, and then line jumping with them. That way they could keep the passes and ride together. If that's the case I hope they were eventually caught.

So, if people were getting 25 minute waits for Diamondback today (One of the most crowded days of the year probably) via the single rider line, I wonder if on dead days we might be seeing some waits close to walk ons through the SRL!

I'm concerned that they may decide to close the single rider line on the dead days. It's a possibility, because the SRL requires more staff attention than the regular line. I hope they don't, as I will be a single rider quite often this year and want to make use of it!

Yeah, that is what I first thought. But, when I was in the regular queue with my family, I saw someone lift up the gate and go through the SRL, so that is what I did after my sister and niece left, since my mom doesn't ride.

Good to know that they allowed that. I will keep that in mind when I'm a single rider!

Wow, I guess I'll have to use the SRL next time I'm a SR! And also, wouldn't it be easier if the ride-op at the SRL entrance just stamped your hand our something instead of dealing with all those pesky passes?

I thought the passes worked great (I kind of doubt they'll use them after opening day though), I just think they either needed more of them or needed to bring them down more often because it seemed like they were always out, and then when you got up to the front of the SRL, there were only 1 or 2 people up there.

Honestly, I would rather wait the 45 mins in the queue if I could pick my seat with no assignment. However, you kind of need seat assignment to make the SRL work the absolute best. I guess the next few weekends will give us a better idea how the SRL will work, but I do think it's a crock how your SR fate is determined on whether or not the enterance op has a card...if you're an unluckly soul it's possible you'll never get a card!! ^_^