kings dominion new coaster in development

You don't just decide one day that you don't want a coaster at one park and instead decide to move it to a different park. The biggest problem would be the supports. They're manufatured to a certain length, angle, etc for a certain piece of land. It would be difficult to get that coaster to just fit anywhere. Yes it can be done, but things need to be redone perfectly. And shipping the wrong coaster just doesn't happen.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now it is possible that KD & CF may have cancelled plans to install this ride at the park & may ship it off to one of the other parks in the chain....another possibility is that intamin could've mistakenly sent the wrong coaster type to the park,let's not forget that they have alot of other customers worldwide whom they do business with & it's possible that the coaster type that the park ordered was not the one they recieved parts for.

That seems very unlikely. CF wouldn't plan this coaster for a couple of years, and clear all that land, just to cancel it. What would the reason behind that logic be?

It seems to me everyone is shooting in the dark to find answers. Just relax and let time run its course. It's probably a phase in the staging process. Relax.

You don't just decide one day that you don't want a coaster at one park and instead decide to move it to a different park. The biggest problem would be the supports. They're manufatured to a certain length, angle, etc for a certain piece of land. It would be difficult to get that coaster to just fit anywhere. Yes it can be done, but things need to be redone perfectly. And shipping the wrong coaster just doesn't happen.

It depends on wether or not the coaster is a production model,or custom designed layout that makes use of the terrain....for instance an SLC can be placed just about anywhere so long as the terrain is flat while a coaster like BBW for example cannot be relocated because the design was created to make use of the terrain that it currently sits on.

Now it is possible that the wrong shipment was delivered.Seeing as neither you or I work at the park in the management or shiping/recieving departments it's impossible to know with 100% certainty but there could've been a defect with one of the supports that required them to be returned.I seem to recall that back in 02/03 SFMM sent back a section of Scream!'s track during the ride's construction to the Ohio plant due to a defect in manufacturing that required a replacement segment to be produced & shipped to the park so the same thing might've happened at KD.

Track sitting in a parking lot does not damage easily, so I doubt that is why it was packed back up.

Possibilities in my book.

1. Wrong Park

2. Wrong Track

3. Defective Track (All of it?)

4. Ultimate Marketing Ploy?

I honestly don't like any of those scenarios, but there seems to be no other reasson.

Also Terpy I hope your drought is over soon. Very soon.

^That's what I was thinking. At first I didn't think I have ever seen a coaster track like that but remembered Maurer Söhne. Can't wait to see more!

EDIT:

But does it look the same? Hmm... (Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit Picture from RCDB.com)

p22787.jpg

NOW the guessing game can begin. This doesn't look like any coaster type I've seen at Cedar Fair, no doubt it's gonna be a new ride type to the chain. From the looks of that track, it looks like Premier or Maurer Söhne, probably Premier, but I haven't seen Premier track like that before. Possibly a new ride type all together? I thought Cedar Fair broke their addiction to prototypes, but this might be one.

At least we can quiet all the "It's a Giga!!!!!!!" discussions.

NOW the guessing game can begin. This doesn't look like any coaster type I've seen at Cedar Fair, no doubt it's gonna be a new ride type to the chain. From the looks of that track, it looks like Premier or Maurer Söhne, probably Premier, but I haven't seen Premier track like that before. Possibly a new ride type all together? I thought Cedar Fair broke their addiction to prototypes, but this might be one.

that’s the new premier track they are using it on the F1 coaster at Ferrari world. And you cant just say because its premier it wont be a giga, they could finally be ready for that or it could be the worlds fastest coaster but premier is awesome.

that's the new premier track they are using it on the F1 coaster at Ferrari world. And you cant just say because its premier it wont be a giga, they could finally be ready for that or it could be the worlds fastest coaster but premier is awesome.

Nah. It won't be the world's fastest. Look what happened to CF last time. Also, the coaster in the UAE isn't even opened yet, and it's being billed as the world's fastest. I guarentee you 100% KD does NOT get the world's fastest coaster. Unless of course it opens just before the Ferrari World one does. Then it'll be the world's fastest for a short period of time.

From KD Fansite which was quoted from another site:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewt...c&start=410

Look at the second-to-last post:

"No not Premier, it's an Intamin, and it looks like this one is the same. So a new Intamin is going to KD.

It's a newly developed track system that Intamin have created to get an even stronger and stiffer track then the quad, to have longer distances between the supports, which means less supports, to make the manufacturing and ride cheaper.

I also have a feeling that this dual spine track is a lot easier to manufacture then quad-rail as well.

So no this is not a new Premier, pure Intamin awesomeness..."

I wonder how that person knows for sure that it isn't an Intamin?

Suggesting that very similar to the Ferrari ride just because the track looks similar is a bit of a stretch. Wicked Twister, Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster, and Millennium Force all have pretty similar track too. I really don't think we will see another speed record broken at a Cedar Fair park any time soon.

Also I agree that the track at KD is the same as the track on the new Ferrari coaster but I have yet to come across anything stating that either are in fact Premier. However, I have come across some talk of Intamin having a new style of more rigid track coming out and some suggest that this is it.

*Diamondback FOF beat me to it. :D

From KD Fansite which was quoted from another site:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewt...c&start=410

Look at the second-to-last post:

"No not Premier, it's an Intamin, and it looks like this one is the same. So a new Intamin is going to KD.

It's a newly developed track system that Intamin have created to get an even stronger and stiffer track then the quad, to have longer distances between the supports, which means less supports, to make the manufacturing and ride cheaper.

I also have a feeling that this dual spine track is a lot easier to manufacture then quad-rail as well.

So no this is not a new Premier, pure Intamin awesomeness..."

I wonder how that person knows for sure that it isn't an Intamin?

The trade off for a stronger track (more expensive track, cheaper structure) versus more supports (cheaper track, more expensive structure) probably only makes sense if it is going to be pretty tall. That is just my gut engineering feel and I am not saying that it must be a Giga, but I am sure it'll at least be a hyper.

^If it is like the ride at Ferrari World, then it could be lauched and that launch may then take it up very high. I have no idea how tall the coaster at Ferrari World gets. Does anyone know? (yes, I know I just set myself up for a very famous answer).

But that would make sense for that type of support structure to be used only if its really tall. In one of the pictures of the FW coaster, you can see there's only a single spine on the parts closer to the ground. Once it starts going up, the double spine is used. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

It does look a lot like a modified version of Intamin quad track. I'm liking the dual spine. I think there is a good chance that it could be a hyper or giga coaster. KD is in need of a giant steel coaster to add to it's skyline. Dominator is nice, but not enough. But I guess we won't have a good idea here until more supports start showing up.