Super short TR 4/26 (Now with pictures!)

bzahlong

I went over to KI this morning about 9:15, parked nice and close, stood in line for about 20 minutes to get in. The admissions process was very slow, after getting in I headed thru Nick to Diamondback. The single rider line was available, so I walked onto seat 3.2 for my 1st ride of the season on DB! My 172nd coaster was great! Lots of airtime, very similar to Nitro at Great Adventure. I got off and right back on 2 more times, on ride #3 I think I might've been behind CoastersRZ from here in line. I got to talk to Mr Helbig for a few minutes as well before heading out to go home and do yardwork. :( I got a look at my old shop, the converted Photoruim which is now the DB Trading Post. It was a little strange, but it looked good and I'm glad that they're using the building for something once again. We're going to head back over tonight after dinner, but with the little one in tow I doubt we'll be riding anything too exciting.

Edited by bzahlong

We headed back over to the park after dinner, went back to Diamondback so the Mrs could get her first ride on it. She waited about 15 minutes in the SRL, then we took our 7 yr old over to ride Danny Phantom, Reptar and the Wild Thornberries. Our daughter (who is 48" tall) was feeling pretty brave by then and declared it was time to try The Beast. After making sure she didn't mean The Beastie (or Fairly Odd Coaster, depending on who you ask) we said OK. We were obviously very excited, it's something every themepark junkie parent lives for! We headed for The Beast, walked onto the middle of the train and she LOVED IT! I looked back at her on the 2nd lift hill and she was grinning ear to ear. We finished up with a ride on the blue Racer and called it a night. Looks like we'll be spending a lot less time in Nick this season after all. I'm so proud. :D

3485175960_733e788bfb.jpg

3484360291_d0e260d439.jpg

3485173958_b90a4a6821.jpg

3484358375_c5a183bda6.jpg

3485172538_11292c8dce.jpg

Edited by bzahlong

Proud moment, indeed. Not only that she could ride The Beast, but that SHE thought it was time to graduate to the big-girl park. Coaster junkie in the making. She felt the urge to ride Beast, answered the call, and CONQUERED!!! Looking forward to seeing all of you in the park, if we happen to be there at the same time.