Micro Trip Report 5-26-09

Thrill_Biscuit

So I get home from work and my wife has all my KI gear laid out on the couch. Time for my first-ever after-work KI trip!

So I gear up with my best cargo pants, put the neck strap on my glasses, put on the sun block and set out with great anticipation of an exciting afternoon of coaster bliss, only to find that my dear, beloved wife had been bitten by the SDATHC bug. :huh:

So, arriving at the park with only 45 precious minutes of operation left (I forgot it closes at 8... I'm used to 10 PM), we two adults of 37 and 40 went "unaccompanied" into the dark, air-conditioned halls of SDATHC. It was a walk-on.. -_- . Well, almost. The ride op asked us to wait as an empty mini-MM went by, because someone had stolen the fright lights out of it(!). We got on board, and I was surprised at the number of clicks there are on the restraint. Good thing I had my glasses strapped securely in place...

On all four consecutive rides, my fright light didn't work, and my wife's performed beyond the mathematical possibilities of the attraction (she had scores like 3900 to my 30). I got frustrated, and found a way to make mine sound like the machine guns on BLSC. The rapid fire didn't work, however, as I couldn't activate a target even at point-blank range. Oy.

When she finally had enough Scoobyliciousness, we decided to head towards DB, only to see an ominous storm approaching from the south(!). It was then that I realized it was almost 8, and time to go. At least I caught up on any dark-ride count deficits from the last few years in one afternoon!

Ride summary:

SDATHC

SDATHC

SDATHC

SDATHC

Almost had a marathon going. ;)