Snoopy's Soap Box Racers & Camp Snoopy Reviews

Got to ride it three times this morning. I was actually very impressed—smooth and surprisingly forceful for a kiddie/family coaster! Great addition to the park and is sure to be very popular. Will be interesting to see how it functions since it has one train and has Fast Lane. 

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Got to ride it three times this morning. I was actually very impressed—smooth and surprisingly forceful for a kiddie/family coaster! Great addition to the park and is sure to be very popular. Will be interesting to see how it functions since it has one train and has Fast Lane. 

Glad to hear that it's a fun ride! I always think its important to go in with a blank slate mindset when riding a new ride/coaster. It's super easy to set yourself up to think a ride/coaster won't be good due to how it looks/POV/etc but I'm glad to hear that this new family coaster packs a little punch. I think if others feel the way you do about it, KI will have a winner on their hands and I think the relationship with Vekoma could be restored. I'm proud of them for re-inventing themselves and getting back in the game. 

I look forward to giving this a whirl and experiencing it for myself!

• Like 3

• IndyGuy4KI featured and pinned this topic
It will be similar to Invertigo and Woodstocks Air Rail. They both also have Fast Lane and also only run one train.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Got the first public train on Soapbox. It was very fun, very smooth and reminded me of a slightly tamed, sit down version, of Dragonflier at Dollywood. Overall a great experience and a good fit for the park.

c2f486e0-be50-4329-8e78-d417c1abe36a.jpg

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Sixflags82 said:

Got the first public train on Soapbox. It was very fun, very smooth and reminded me of a slightly tamed, sit down version, of Dragonflier at Dollywood. Overall a great experience and a good fit for the park.

c2f486e0-be50-4329-8e78-d417c1abe36a.jpg

See the KIC social media pages. You will see I posted the first public train.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I got a ride in the back row.  Overall I enjoyed it, the ride is very smooth and looks fantastic.  The restraints are very comfortable, there is no seat belt.  It’s basically what I expected.  I want to try it again in the front but I figured wait until sometime later in the season.  The back does not really go up the spike much and I am wondering how the double up on the spike is from the front.

I really like the appearance of everything in camp Snoopy.  But it does not feel like Camp Snoopy.  At other Cedar Fair parks it feels like you’re leaving one land and entering another, at Kings Island it just feels like more Planet Snoopy.

I am happy the park received the “land” and the coaster.  The Vekoma family suspended, now called Woodstock’s Air Rail, might have the best paint job in the history of the ride.  But I hope the park receives something more in Camp Snoopy.  Because it needs less concrete and more rock work, a water feature, and more trees.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Kenban said:

I really like the appearance of everything in camp Snoopy.  But it does not feel like Camp Snoopy.  At other Cedar Fair parks it feels like you’re leaving one land and entering another, at Kings Island it just feels like more Planet Snoopy.

I am happy the park received the “land” and the coaster.  The Vekoma family suspended, now called Woodstock’s Air Rail, might have the best paint job in the history of the ride.  But I hope the park receives something more in Camp Snoopy.  Because it needs less concrete and more rock work, a water feature, and more trees.

As I walked around yesterday, I noticed/felt this too. Not very "campy." More trees are needed for sure, maybe more shade structures. I like your idea of rock work and water feature.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kenban said:

I got a ride in the back row.  Overall I enjoyed it, the ride is very smooth and looks fantastic.  The restraints are very comfortable, there is no seat belt.  It’s basically what I expected.  I want to try it again in the front but I figured wait until sometime later in the season.  The back does not really go up the spike much and I am wondering how the double up on the spike is from the front.

Agree 100%. Great theme, great tie into Rivertown, great paint job on Air Rail. So many missed opportunities. Took out footers from Planet Snoopy that could’ve been used to hold the Welcome Happy Campers wood sign posts that got cut. Did no replacement of modern concrete planters that could’ve had a “wood” overlay to look more like benches. Just left and Painted over unused lighting electrics in the old theater instead of designing a lighting package that enhanced the immersion (projecting light through trees and “day into night” lighting changes. Could’ve pretty easily pulled KiteEatingTree and a rethemed Space Buggies into off road vehicles, along with a redressed snack/beverage stand to make a more cohesive entrance. Was hoping for more seating added to the new areas outside of dining tables. Love the music though. Nice change from KidsBop.

feels like it got to about 75% and the stuff that got cut would’ve really elevated the experience. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

Was hoping for more seating added to the new areas outside of dining tables. Love the music though. Nice change from KidsBop.

feels like it got to about 75% and the stuff that got cut would’ve really elevated the experience. 

Per @IndyGuy4KI's picture above, there will be more seating. 

• Like 1

It actually went down when I got in line about 3:15.  We waited it out for almost three hours, finally leaving line around 5:55, so that the kids could get some food and drinks.  The ride did reopen later in the evening, and we were able to snag a ride on it right around 9pm.  The loading process is on the slow side, but the ride is very enjoyable.  Hopefully once the opening hiccups are worked out it will be better.

We ate lunch at Pigpen`s Mess Hall.  The food was good.  The only complaint I have is the lack of shade in the eating area.  Seems like a missed opportunity to have a large shade structure there.

Compared to Carowinds` Camp Snoopy, which has lots of trees, and shade, and even a very nice sitting area complete with a fountain where their Carousel used to sit, Kings Island`s Camp Snoopy just seems half done.  Maybe they are planning on adding more to it in the coming years.  I can certainly hope so, as the area at Carowinds is very nice.  They could use some more benches in the play area as well.  Lots of parents standing around with no where to sit while their kids are enjoying the area.

I was also a bit disappointed to see that Charlie Brown`s Rushing River Log Ride, closed early, around 9pm.  I think that is a bad move, and that the ride should stay open until 10pm, since it is part of the new area.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, brenthodge said:

I mean “not dining seating” like benches and adairondak chairs scattered around. 

From the conversations I heard that were going on, I think they're assessing on what is needed for the area. Hopefully some umbrellas and more seating areas have been put on 2-day delivery on Amazon. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

From the conversations I heard that were going on, I think they're assessing on what is needed for the area. Hopefully some umbrellas and more seating areas have been put on 2-day delivery on Amazon. 

I’m going to hold a lot of my opinions for Tower Topics, but some feedback I got was that parents didn’t like how there was no seating in Beagle Scout Acres. Fortunately, that’s an easy fix. 

• Like 2

I think I have finally finished our Camp Snoopy page on the main website. I would love your thoughts! 

https://kicentral.com/camp-snoopy/

After ridding SSBR a few times the last few days. It is very fun little coaster that really packs a punch. Every ride after going backwards after the 2nd spike the turn and that little airtime hill got my stomach every time.  It is a fun little ride.

• Like 3

I took a ride on SSBR this afternoon and felt this coaster definitely packs a punch.

I wouldn't make it the first ride for someone that is brand new to riding coasters, but it's a decent ride that can fit between "Great Pumpkin Coaster" and "Backlot Stunt Coaster" in terms of introduction.

• Like 7

On 5/23/2024 at 9:31 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

The minimum height is 38 inches.

I feel like this is not getting enough attention.  At 38”, when accompanied by an adult, the only coaster that allows for shorter guests is Great Pumpkin Coaster and that is only two inches lower at 36”.  This coaster is literally between Great Pumpkin Coaster and Woodstock Express.

Woodstock Express is 40” and Woodstocks Air Rail is 44”.  At least for coasters the next step up is 48” and that’s like half the park.

I frequently have heard how Beastie, Woodstock Express, or whatever other name people know, is their first big coaster.  With a lower height requirement, I expect this will slowly change and will in a few years start hearing about people who their first big coaster was Soap box Racers.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Kenban said:

I feel like this is not getting enough attention.  At 38”, when accompanied by an adult, the only coaster that allows for shorter guests is Great Pumpkin Coaster and that is only two inches lower at 36”.  This coaster is literally between Great Pumpkin Coaster and Woodstock Express.

Good point. We are doing our part!

https://x.com/KICentral/status/1795570448274780650?t=Q1B_MJlQNMDzaFFoI4TCVQ&s=19

• Like 3