Jump to content

Snoopy's Soap Box Racers & Camp Snoopy Reviews


Recommended Posts

I rode Soap Box Racers for the first time today. It packed more of a punch than I was expecting! Great ride for kids. Ps: still in the park, waiting for a pop up thunderstorm to pass so I can get a back row ride on Mystic Timbers. Things are otherwise going good at Kings Island today.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is theming I can get behind!!  Also, after watching POVs ov both, I can see why HW demanded the "First open" clause, because instead of "Good Gravy" that thing is "weak sauce" in every way compared to SSBR.  I will know how well this runs either this coming Sunday, or July 14th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

That is theming I can get behind!!  Also, after watching POVs ov both, I can see why HW demanded the "First open" clause, because instead of "Good Gravy" that thing is "weak sauce" in every way compared to SSBR.  I will know how well this runs either this coming Sunday, or July 14th.

The gravy is too runny?:P

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here at HW right now and after riding SSBR about 10 times, GG does not come close to SSBR.  The queue being in A/C at HW is awesome  The theming on GG feels more like a Universal ride queue. 

 

PXL_20240625_161203346.MP.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Timchat2 said:

The Good Gravy queue is very impressive. So much detail to take in!

I am sad we only got 1 ride in on it today. Before we headed back to Thanksgiving again a storm rolled in. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Along with all the decor there are even subtle animated elements (like the spinning globe in the kids room) and sound effects in the different spaces. They really went above and beyond what the park has attempted before theme-wise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Timchat2 said:

Along with all the decor there are even subtle animated elements (like the spinning globe in the kids room) and sound effects in the different spaces. They really went above and beyond what the park has attempted before theme-wise.

We had a subtly animated prop for a few days! RIP flagging snoopy. It was a good 5 days while it lasted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dane unfeatured this topic

In the latest update, many people on the KISP Facebook page are commenting about the smells in the play area.  Smells range from mildew to cat urine to sweat to dropped food to feet. One person claimed to see human stool!  The leading theory is that no sunlight doesn't allow it to dry out and things linger. However, I take the cat urine smell with a grain of salt.  Many people there also claim the landscape bushes also smell of cat urine...all over the park! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CoastersRZ said:

The flag waving Snoopy was moving when I was at the park yesterday...

But did he get a new flag? You would think something like that would come with at least a 90 day warranty to get the flag replaced. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I finally got to ride Snoopy’s Soap Box Racers a few weeks ago and it’s a really fun ride! Very smooth. I really like the log cabin station. I don’t know if it was just me but I did get a little dizzy going backwards but it wasn’t too bad. Great addition!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2024 at 8:29 AM, Orion742 said:

I finally got to ride Snoopy’s Soap Box Racers a few weeks ago and it’s a really fun ride! Very smooth. I really like the log cabin station. I don’t know if it was just me but I did get a little dizzy going backwards but it wasn’t too bad. Great addition!

I actually noticed a little bit of that myself on my last ride and I thought "I either have to be just a littttttttle dehydrated due to the heat OR this thing is really broken in nicely enough now to really get the full force of it". It could have been a little combination of both, but either way, still amazed at how Vekoma was able to make such a well-rounded family coaster that everyone of varying thrill levels can enjoy. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...