Pilgrim's Plunge experiences lots of downtime

According to area papers, Pilgrim's Plunge in Holiday World has been closed quite a bit as of late, due to malfunctioing sensors. Will Koch, park president, was quoted a ssaying that he hopes the ride will be back up soon after some 'tweaks'. I know this is a first of a kind ride and that all such rides experience some downtime, but could this be another example of poor reliability from Intamin? In any case, If anyone on this site is considering a trip down there soon, I'd contact the park to see if the ride is open.

As opposed to what?

Huss?

Premier?

RCCA?

B&M - okay okay, anomaly

Will Koch decided he wanted a big, state of the art, record breaking ride for his small park. With such installs come big, state of the art, record breaking problems.

I don't wish any I'll on HW, but I simply don't "get" this decision. A Pirate Ship, or small chute-the-chutes would have served this same purpose... better.

Shaggy

I hope they get it up and running by HoliWood Nights.. we get ERT on it.

I'm not usually one for water rides or even water parks, but that thing looks wicked. And right now my forecast says a high of 94 degrees for that day. You better believe I'll be hitting Splashin' Safari on Saturday if the temperature hits over 90.

According to area papers, Pilgrim's Plunge in Holiday World has been closed quite a bit as of late, due to malfunctioing sensors...In any case, If anyone on this site is considering a trip down there soon, I'd contact the park to see if the ride is open.

If I were considering a trip to Holiday World any time soon (and I am not), it would be absolutely irrelevant to me whether or not Pilgrim's Plunge was open. Completely, totally and utterly. Well, except to the extent that it might make the line for Raven shorter/longer...