16 de junio

indianapolisman

Hola KIC,

Well before yesterday my wife Candie had not gotten one ride in on anything this year! This has been tough on both of us. Even though I had such a great time this year I've constantly been looking over my shoulder expecting to see her. She has been working extremely hard to better herself in many ways, and can't find much time for park visits. I had enough OT saved up to take a day off, and it so happened she had the day off. We kinda left in a hurry not having any plans ahead of time other than deciding to go the night before. I knew this would help relieve some stress and she wanted to finally ride Diamondback since watching construction of it last year.

So we dropped the kids off at their (extremely cool) summer day camp, and got to the park around 9:45. We stopped at Cinnabon first thing shared a cinnamon roll and bought a refillable cup. Which I have about four others at home and always forget to bring one. Sat down next to the fountains and enjoyed.

77556df0.jpg

Snapped a pic of the now famous rubics cube.

eb2c6d67.jpg

Diamondback had about a 30min wait. We requested front seat and were graciously granted it. I looked over several times and she was smiling ear to ear.

:D She stated she really liked it but still likes Firehawk a little more. FH being her favorite coaster at KI.

Some things I noticed waiting for DB.

Five people line jumped while he was checking his watch.

2867aca2.jpg

JK

They have literally every model of cell phone.

60baca1b.jpg

I couldn't get a picture of it, because I noticed it on the ride. There was a cell phone on the catwalk next to the track on the turn-around into the station. I'm still a little puzzled on how one got there.

From there we rode Beast which we waited 20min for. Candie having lost 65lbs since last year was very happy with her new fit. Although she said it banged her up a bit more now. From there she insisted we head over to FH. I have very bad luck with this ride as almost every time I get to where they take you back the ride goes down. Well we got past that spot about second train wait. It wasn't a break down I noticed at that point, but a woman got off shaking o her arm and shirt (there was no rain). I already knew before they made the announcment. Someone lost there cookies. They mine as well said Sean is in line so we decided to shut it down for awhile. And this would be the first of several delays. Well after a half an hour we rode. I have always loved this ride but unfourtunate down time has kept me away. As we got out in the open area of the exit the phone was ringing and maintnence was walking down the ramp. We were happy to get our ride in.

The park was getting busy for a Tuesday with a chance for rain.

4b868af7.jpg

So we took a chance at Racer the line was around 20min. When we got closer we noticed they were running empty trains on both sides

Running out of time (had to go by 4pm) I still wanted to ride DT and SOB. We got in line for SOB which filled both ramps. Waited all the way to the station and it started to sprinkle. I really hoped they wouldn't close it for such little rain, but that phone rang and sure enough they did. It stopped sprinkling 20min later but we continued to wait an additional 20min. Still not even testing yet and seriouslly running out of time I noticed pretty much everything else in the park was running including DB. So we decided quickly to head over there while we still had time. We waited 30min and rode second seat. We had a great day and Candie finally got her honorary ride on Diamondback. On the way back we stopped at Friscious Big Boy her favorite place to go in OH. Mines Skyline but we have a few of those here.

Here's a couple more pics.

This is what I call the reverse photo opp. :)

e578695a.jpg

I had to watch this bird for awhile for I thought it was fake. :huh:

1a92f19d.jpg

Waiting for SOB to open. :angry:

d36cc398.jpg

5b722390.jpg

Empty trains sitting idle practically dry.

d7e41968.jpg

Bueno adiós señoras y señores.

señor Sean :P

Thanks for sharing your PTR with us Sean!

I haven't been out to Kings Island since last Sunday June 7, and that box full of cell phones wasn't there then. Way to go KI!

Also, it saddens me that five people were line jumping while the security guard was checking his watch. Something needs to be done.

And about that crane near Outer Hanks and Slingshot, it reminds me of a comment seen on here: "Bring in the cranes!"

Yo enjoy-o trip report-o.

tu espanol fails-o :P

Dia muy divertidA, dia= feminina. lol, just thought i'd point that out :)

Yeah I thought I got that right. A very fun day is what I was trying to say. Blame SpanishDict. I speak broken spanish I used to manage a staff of 80% hispanic workers. Never really had to write it though. :)

Sorry if I sounded rude, I'm a huge Spanish nerd :)

i was there tuesday. The Racers line was walkon all day when i was there, except at the time you mentioned. we were in line, ready to get on the train. unfortunately, someone tossed their cookies on the red racer, so we ran to the blue racer. we get up there, and then someone looses their marbles there too so the line got backed up on both sides for a bit... nice trip report though! also, i did notice they took a while to reopen. luckily, me and my sis got a nice ride in the rain on beast, the last train before they closed due to rain...

Sorry if I sounded rude, I'm a huge Spanish nerd

Not at all, don't worry about it.

me, skater, and raptor saw that same red phone.

That was a weird place to lose a cell phone.

Thanks for sharing your PTR with us Sean!

I haven't been out to Kings Island since last Sunday June 7

Sounds like your over due then :)

nice trip report though! also, i did notice they took a while to reopen

Thanks!! And Yes, yes it did.

Great TR! I've been hearing a lot more people selling Buicks to Earl on KI coasters this year

Thanks!! There was two rides that day that we noticed. It got us to talking "What do you do if you get hurled on?" I would think to go to first aid.

And hope they had a shower and a change of clothes.

^ I went out today after I got off work at 2. Started off with The Beast, and got an emergency call that my grandfather is being moved to Hospice, so I ended up only getting one ride in and that was on The Beast. Going to try again on Wednesday with some buddies from work, if everything is fine.

^ I went out today after I got off work at 2. Started off with The Beast, and got an emergency call that my grandfather is being moved to Hospice, so I ended up only getting one ride in and that was on The Beast. Going to try again on Wednesday with some buddies from work, if everything is fine.

Sorry to hear the bad news about your Grandfather.

I hope to get back this weekend if I can find a way. We only got DB-2 Beast-1 FH-1. It was somehow worth the four hour drive there and back though.

Thanks Diamondback FOF and Indianapolisman for the well wishes. He's been in the hospital off and on for the last couple months now. He is currently taking dialysis three or four days a week, and the doctor says even with dialysis that he could be gone in two or three months. Right now I am hoping for the best and praying for him every night before I go to bed.