C.P. 6/23/09 PTR

markhudson17

Late last night my friend Shirley(need_for_speed) and I decided we were going to go to Cedar Point today instead of Kings Island. We got a late start and didn't leave my house until 8:30. We arrived at the parking tolls at CP at exactly 12 noon. Our first ride of the day was Blue Streak with a 20 minute wait. This was my first time on this old woody and was pleasantly surprised by the airtime. We then headed over to TTD. We waited about an hour and rode in row 5. This was only my second ride on TTD and I put my hands up for the whole ride. We started to get hungy after TTD so we headed out to the car for lunch.

After re-entering the park, we hit up Raptor. Had about a 10 minute wait. After Raptor, we decided to to to MF. Waited 30 minutes. We rode in row 2 and boy was I surprised. I absolutely loved the drop and actually got airtime on the hills. After MF, we walked around to the back of the park. Rode Mean Streak because it was a walk on. After MS, we rode Gemini. It was also a walk on but they were running both sides. I got up pretty bad in the final helix. We decided our last ride of the day would be on Magnum. Waited about 20 minutes. Rode in the back seat of the second to last car. I was already sore after Gemini but after this, I could barely walk. We wanted to get back before dark, so we left the park at around 530.

I'll post the pics as soon as I get them uploaded.

Cool pictures. I like the one of Millie going up the lift. I saw your status on Facebook and was so jealous. Glad you got a lot done.

Thanks, I think I made quite a few people jealous.  :lol:

I also took some videos of TTD. Not the best but I like them all.

th_DSCI0481.jpg

th_DSCI0479.jpg

th_DSCI0478.jpg

That building cannot be removed, as it houses the launch mechanism for TTD.

the one that has the sign that says the different dates that year at the park? I thought that it had a food stand in it.

The food stand you are thinking of is on the backside of Top Thrill Dragster's "stands". The building that had the speed sign on it is almost at the end of the first straightaway.