Weekend Trip

Kev

Hi I will be taking a trip to KI this weekend. I will be buying a two day ticket but I would like to know what the best days to go are ie for short lines. The days I can go to the park are Friday,Saturday and Sunday. Now I know Saturday would be very long lines but what about after 10:00pm? What are the lines like on Friday and Sunday? Would it be worth going on Saturday for two more hours of night rides or are the lines still long after 10:00pm. Oh and I am talking about for Coasters/Thrill Rides only. If you could give me some specific wait times for Diamondback that would be helpful also. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you can go all day on Friday and Sunday, that would be better. But if you can only go part of the day on those days, I would just brave it and go all day Saturday, and then part of the day one of the other two. If you're looking for a quick ride on Diamondback you can use the single rider line, but you won't get to sit with your party. Otherwise just wait it out. It has amazing capacity, so even with a full queue it's only about a 45 minute wait. And don't worry about time. With two days at the park you should easily be able to knock out everything you want.

Thanks for the quick replys. I am able to stay all day both days but I might be arriving a little after 10:00am on friday. I think me and my party are going to go with Saturday & Sunday. I like the idea of having 2 more hours for night rides. So does the park die down any after 10:00pm? I figured most of the locals & groups would go home by then. I have been to the park a few times in the past but the last time I was there was about a year before they took out the loop on SOB. I just cant remember what the crowds were like.

Well on Saturdays the park is open till midnight now, so in those cases, most folks with families tend to be gone right after the fireworks at 10. I always say that if youre there at 10 am and want to have short lines, go ride Invertigo, Flight of Fear and Firehawk first, since those are slow moving lines otherwise. as stated, Diamondback's line moves pretty quickly and if you get lucky with the single rider line, you can get on more quickly. if the srl is down to the bottom of the stairs, it could be 25-30 min before you get on.