Teen Injured on Raptor at Cedar Point

so do amusment park accidents occur in threes like celeb deaths and plane crashes seem to happen?

Son of Beast, disney world monorail, and now raptor.

I bent my thumbnail backwards on Drop Tower at Kings Island last Tuesday, do I count? I blame myself, not the ride tho...

There are some significant G-forces experienced in Raptor. The first time I ever rode it I almost blacked out. I had previously ridden Batman the Ride at SFGAm, so I thought I knew what to expect from an inverted coaster. Boy was I wrong. I absolutely loved the ride, but I think at one point, most of the blood in my body was in my feet. I certainly hope this was all this rider was feeling, and that there wasn't some other more severe underlying cause.

^Totally agree with you. Raptor is perfectly safe. I've ridden the ride hundreds of times and never felt like that. The kid probably shouldn't have been riding coasters if he felt like that.

How I make a big deal about it? I saw this over at pointbuzz and then saw the similarities in the actions of CF recently with "issues" on their rides, and felt it was worthy to post, and still no word on how the teen is doing. If it was dehydration, then it could be serious.

I'm just glad he didnt continue to enjoy the park then 2 weeks later have his lawyer call the park and tell them what happen and that their being sued.

I bent my thumbnail backwards on Drop Tower at Kings Island last Tuesday, do I count? I blame myself, not the ride tho...

That's the second time I think I've read about your unfortunate mishap; I hope you heal quickly! I'm just trying to imagine how you did it! :blink:

You can be dizzy for many reasons, as some have mentioned dehydration and a "vasovagal" reaction are fairly benign but it can also be a sign of heart trouble or head and neck artery problems. This kid was transferred to Cleveland so odds are its more likely due to something serious (Firelands could easily treat dehydration, etc.) so I would not be so callous.

However, odds are the ride was not the cause of his problems.

How I make a big deal about it? I saw this over at pointbuzz and then saw the similarities in the actions of CF recently with "issues" on their rides, and felt it was worthy to post, and still no word on how the teen is doing. If it was dehydration, then it could be serious.

I'm just glad he didnt continue to enjoy the park then 2 weeks later have his lawyer call the park and tell them what happen and that their being sued.

I meant the "victim", not you. :)

It sounds like this incident has absolutely nothing to do with the safety of the ride. There are some people because of health issues for whom it is simply dangerous to ride thrill rides. Guests are warned about the dangers of riding if they have a heart condition, high blood pressure or are pregnant. I have said repeatedly not to ever force or shame someone into riding a ride if they are really terrified as there can be serious health consequences.

And comparing this incident with S.O.B. is like comparing apples to oranges. There is a big difference between one person fainting on a ride and a whole train load of people being sent to the hospital.

It sounds like this incident has absolutely nothing to do with the safety of the ride. There are some people because of health issues for whom it is simply dangerous to ride thrill rides. Guests are warned about the dangers of riding if they have a heart condition, high blood pressure or are pregnant. I have said repeatedly not to ever force or shame someone into riding a ride if they are really terrified as there can be serious health consequences.

And comparing this incident with S.O.B. is like comparing apples to oranges. There is a big difference between one person fainting on a ride and a whole train load of people being sent to the hospital.

Um I was talking the most recent "accident" with the lady 2 weeks later saying she got injured.

Um I was talking the most recent "accident" with the lady 2 weeks later saying she got injured.

I am fully aware of that. And I am talking about both the most recent incident and the 2006 incident. Many people who have never even met the woman involved in the most recent incident have been questioning her honesty. I think when you have a prior incident where everyone was taken to the emergency room, you had better pay attention to this woman. The last time I rode SOB, I felt like I had been kicked in the ribs. Don't mean to get off track here but I think the way some people have been personally attacking this woman is disgusting.

but when she is the ONLY one crying injury this time, plus it 2 weeks after, and let be honest Americans will do anything for a quick, easy buck, then we can question her honesty.

She had a bruise, he had faint. BOTH could of happened anywhere. So yes these are similar in a way

but when she is the ONLY one crying injury this time, plus it 2 weeks after, and let be honest Americans will do anything for a quick, easy buck, then we can question her honesty.

She had a bruise, he had faint. BOTH could of happened anywhere. So yes these are similar in a way

She is not the only one who has cried injury on this ride. While I did not go to the emergency room, my last experience on SOB was so bad I felt like jumping out of the train. I have talked to many others with experiences similar to mine. While we may not have gone to the hospital, a sensation of severe headaches and being kicked in the chest is not a normal feeling even on a rough ride. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

i'm not trying to start an argument here, but i honesty don't see where this ride is that rough(i'm talking about Son of Beast) and i don't see how some people, for example me and dropzone99 can feel little to no pain what so ever, then some people like beast1979 and markr can come off feeling like they have been hit by a car, it just doesn't make sense, i know i can't be that tough that i don't feel any of the pain you all do.

Wow! In the past. if riders feeling faint and dizzy could shut down a ride, Der Spinnin Keggers and Witch's Cauldron would never have been open...... Just shows how wussified our world has become IMO..... But I'm glad the kid didn't have any serious problems!

--Beatle, who used to play on blacktop playgrounds that were usually covered in broken glass.