Haunt 2009

dr_humor

For those of you that worked FearFest last year or in years past, what was the hourly wage? If you don't want to say exactly or can't remember, just give an appoximate. Also, did you get a say in how many hours you worked, or did you work from 7 pm until 1 am? Thanks! :)

If you are 15, you can not work till 1. It's the labor laws.

Are you referring to me maybe working there this year? I wasn't planning on it. I was think maybe working there next year. Also, I figured that info would help people that were going to maybe work there this year.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that worked FearFest last year or in years past, what was the hourly wage? If you don't want to say exactly or can't remember, just give an appoximate. Also, did you get a say in how many hours you worked, or did you work from 7 pm until 1 am? Thanks! :)

If you are 15, you can not work till 1. It's the labor laws.

Are you referring to me maybe working there this year? I wasn't planning on it. I was think maybe working there next year. Also, I figured that info would help people that were going to maybe work there this year.

Ohhh, I'm sorry. I thought you were refering to yourself. My bad.

i just filled out one of there interest forms, do you think that will be enough or will i need to do a full app. & would i have better luck in person?

It is better that you fill out all paper work before coming to KI. They need to have all paper work done on line. you still will have some paper to fill when you get there.

i got an email shortly after filling out paperwork that said.

Thank you for your interest!

You will be contacted by one of our head hunters very soon. Make sure to stop

by one of our in-the-flesh interview days:

Saturdays: Aug 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, and September 5

Sundays: Aug 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, and September 6

Noon until 5pm each day

If you have additional questions, please call our Head Hunters at 513-754-5748.

So i guess that means i have a intervie. or should i still wait for a phone call even though it says to stop by on the interview days?

Pkiruler who is confused.

Noon until 5pm each day

So i guess that means i have a intervie. or should i still wait for a phone call even though it says to stop by on the interview days?

Did you receive this after filling out the app. or interest form?

Noon until 5pm each day

Just Show up on any one of those day and they will interview you.

Seriously considering putting in an application for this. Can anyone who has worked haunt previously tell me what the typical hours are to work? Also is it just minimum wage or a little better because of the hours. Just curious. Thanks

Expect to be there from 5pm til 2am. you have to go in early to get makeup done, and be ready to go by the time the gates open at 7. the LINES close at 1am, so if you're in a popular attraction, it may be awhile til you get to leave. And the wage is a bit over minimum. It goes up with every year you work there tho :)

I'm 17 and was wondering whats the odds of the park hiring me and haunt is my favorite time of year and would love to be a roamer do you think this is possible.

The odds of you getting hired for the Haunt are incredibly good. A few attractions need close to 50 or more ppl to run properly... and trust me... some of the ppl i've seen get in *rolls eyes* can't even make it one weekend ugh. But the chances of getting a roamer are a lot harder. You pretty much have to be able to work every day of the season, and even then it tends to be returners, but sometimes if you're good and show some good stuff you'll get in. I just wouldn't get your hopes too up for it.

I am just filling out the information but it asks for choices for the haunt.

What are all of the Choices?

Scareactor, Roamer .....? anything else?

makeup O:) lol but again with no experience... slim to none :P

Make sure to stop by one of our in-the-flesh interview days:

Noon until 5pm each day

If you haven't gotten a phone call by a date you can go i HIGHLY suggest going to an open interview day. If you want a certain attraction, make sure you go to the earliest one you can. This is you're best bet :D

If anyone has any other more in depth questions feel free to send me a PM. I can forward on any of the 4 convos i've had with ppl already about it :)

You guys are so lucky you have the chance to work the Haunt. I was considering doing night shifts Haunt and day shifts where I'm at in the park now but they need me where I'm at so I think I'll stay there all year. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys because on Fridays when the gates open they put down the metal gates at the turnstiles and all the roamers and other actors go out there and when they open the park they open the metal gates and they all go running towards the metal detectors. I hope I'll be at turnstiles a lot during the Haunt!

You guys are so lucky you have the chance to work the Haunt. I was considering doing night shifts Haunt and day shifts where I'm at in the park now but they need me where I'm at so I think I'll stay there all year. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys because on Fridays when the gates open they put down the metal gates at the turnstiles and all the roamers and other actors go out there and when they open the park they open the metal gates and they all go running towards the metal detectors. I hope I'll be at turnstiles a lot during the Haunt!

thats what i did last year, worked day job then did haunt :D it worked out great

and the Wall of Monsters is my favorite part of Haunt! :D