Halloween Haunt 2009 Reviews are up!

kiruler102

Every year i always check this website to determine what haunts to go to throught the area. I saw that they added the HH on there and wanted to share it on here.

I'm guessing that they ran out of time or didn't get to go through Constalkers or Cemetery Drive? the other reviews are so thorough and then they skip out on those last two. Maybe the went the same night I did and got rained out?

The author writes:

"Kings Island has many staff members that can be found roaming around the theme park. Unfortunately many won't stop to ask you if you need help unless you ask first."

Personally, if I was asked if I needed any help by every Kings Island staff member that walked by me, I would get incredibly annoyed. If you ask ANY scare actor where a haunt is, they'll always point you in the right direction. And I don't mind them coming up to me at all. :D

"This year every haunt has a large skull and cross bones sign near it, but is still difficult to find even with a map."

Not sure if this author has been to the Haunt before because they have had skull & crossbones next to them in the past...hmm..

"At the end of the night I had blisters on my feet and was sore from walking so much. These haunts need to be much easier to find."

Sounds like a typical day at Kings Island for me. If there aren't blisters on your feet after a day at Kings Island, then you just didn't get enough done that day.

I thought this was all a pretty good review until the credibility flew out the window with this last paragraph.

DUde! this guy has no credability whatsoever!! just reading the US review and i'm going wtf!?! where you even there?!

The only website I trust is Ohiovallayhaunts.com. This site does not only include every Haunt in the Cincinnati area, but their reviews are always right on.

http://reviews.ohiovalleyhaunts.com/halloweenhaunt.html

Here's last year's rewards-

http://awards08.ohiovalleyhaunts.com

Kings Island did not receive any...

The only one that was hard to find for me was Cut Throat Cove because it wasn't lit up Friday night. Other than that, none of them are hard to find. And, I think he meant they all have a red light up neon skull and crossbones sign at each haunt now. Unless they really did have those before I don't recall seeing them.

DUde! this guy has no credability whatsoever!! just reading the US review and i'm going wtf!?! where you even there?!

The only website I trust is Ohiovallayhaunts.com. This site does not only include every Haunt in the Cincinnati area, but their reviews are always right on.

http://reviews.ohiovalleyhaunts.com/halloweenhaunt.html

Here's last year's rewards-

http://awards08.ohiovalleyhaunts.com

Kings Island did not receive any...

It appears to be pretty accurate expect sometimes on the character count though because Tombstone has around 60 characters if all are present.

The only one that was hard to find for me was Cut Throat Cove because it wasn't lit up Friday night. Other than that, none of them are hard to find. And, I think he meant they all have a red light up neon skull and crossbones sign at each haunt now. Unless they really did have those before I don't recall seeing them.

I think the problem is because the map has several of the attractions' entrances screwed up:

- cornSTALKERS now uses Congo Falls' queue line as its entrance as it is flip-flopped (starting at Drop Zone rather than at Invertigo like last year like the map shows)

- The entrance to Cut-Throat Cove is the exit of Viking Fury (the map has the entrance in front of Sling Shot when it's really the exit)

- Massacre Manor's entrance now lies in the Skyline Patio over by the Carousel (of which they need to find a better way of showing people where the entrance is)

I also find it weird that One-Eyed Jack's is not mentioned on either the map handout or the two large maps at the Front Gate. :mellow:

Although his review of Tombstone is dead-on; the people who work it are absolutely AMAZING, but the actual maze itself is ABYSMAL, and they won't redo it or get rid of it despite the complaints about it (did they REALLY feel the need to add a photo-op inside Urgent Scare?).

(did they REALLY feel the need to add a photo-op inside Urgent Scare?).

omg! you have NO IDEA! and they only let in the group you came with (so say theres 3 couples and a group of 5) they'll do the couples all individually and then they just have to kinda chill in the elevator til theres a group of about 10! epic fail on planing. and they take the 2 pics and its just a capacity nightmare!!! ugh! stupid idea. i hope they realize it. i dont know how many ppl have actually bought the $5 keychains tho....

omg! you have NO IDEA! and they only let in the group you came with (so say theres 3 couples and a group of 5) they'll do the couples all individually and then they just have to kinda chill in the elevator til theres a group of about 10! epic fail on planing. and they take the 2 pics and its just a capacity nightmare!!! ugh! stupid idea. i hope they realize it. i dont know how many ppl have actually bought the $5 keychains tho....

*epic Facepalm goes here*

Oh, well, if it makes them money....:mellow: