Stuck on Diamondback today

raptor

I would be fine getting stuck on a coaster, luckily it has never happened to me-or unhappily, but I would never want to get stuck on Drop Tower. I am not a huge fan of the height issue and the fear that there is nothing beneath me....

So lets say you were riding SOB and the train gets stuck on the hill how do they walk you down? they would have to clip you in right? some sort of repelling system?

I would be fine getting stuck on a coaster, luckily it has never happened to me-or unhappily, but I would never want to get stuck on Drop Tower. I am not a huge fan of the height issue and the fear that there is nothing beneath me....

So lets say you were riding SOB and the train gets stuck on the hill how do they walk you down? they would have to clip you in right? some sort of repelling system?

What?

I'm confused, by "the hill" do you mean the lift or the drop?

All lifts have stairs. Hell I've Evac-ed people from the lift, turnaround, and mid course break (where you have to actually get a shuttle to bring people back) on SOB. Same every time. Associate-4 guests-Associate; Associate-4 guests-Associate.

If you mean the lift, you simply walk down the stairs.

If you mean the drop... yea... I'm going to refrain...

If you are talking about the lift on SOB, the answer is no. You simply walk down the stairs. Diamondback is the only ride in the park where you have to be wearing a harness to walk on the lift.

The only thing I would be worried about is being stuck on Drop Tower for a long period of time and then a drop without warning. I'm fine with sitting up there, but warn me before we drop..

Haha, that's like me. I would hate to be on that if it got stuck. You'd be talking to your friend next to you, just chatting....then......CLICK! It falls down.

I did mean the lift on SOB. The only reason I asked about the harness is because of the the height and distance...... just a rookie question I guess.... (I worked at Scout camps for too long where if you walk up a flight of stairs or over a bridge more than 25 feet up you need to be hooked up into rigging in case you fall lol.... I would assume you would not get stuck on the drop and if you do then yeah you got bigger issues than finding a way to get down

Are you guys talking about TTD?

If so, have any of you experienced rollbacks - is it any fun?

Check the signature. ;) I had 2 rollbacks, both in the same weekend. Opening weekend 2008, I was on the first train of the season, which is pretty much a guaranteed rollback. Then I was on the 2nd last train of the night on the second day of the season, and the end of the day that day was just a rollback fest. Every train they launched was rolling back. So needless to say I got my 2nd one. Both were fun, but the first launch on opening day wasn't even close to clearing the top. The first car didn't even make it to the crest. To answer the question, it's very fun. B)

I got stuck at the top of Drop Tower, the next person in line would have a SOAKED seat. I barely can take the 10 seconds of waiting for the drop, let alone being stuck up there. My aunt experienced it and I don't want to be the next one in this family! LOL

When you are going on the lift of SoB. It seems like it would be hard to get out of your seat and on to the stairs.

Look at Diamond Back no sides to it. That is going to scare a few folkes when/if it has to be evaculated on lift. Unlike Mid-coarse run which I have been evaculated there. Oh and on a earlier post I have been stuck at the top of TTD and I have had roll back on it.

Guest rcfreak339

^Thats a load of crap. You do know TTD has only been stuck on top 3 times? Everytime it happens they will take a picture and post it on the blog site....Don't even try to lie unless you have proof you did.