Idea for a TV or full feature PKI movie

italianchef

In 1972 The Partridge Family, a family of touring musicians (on the show not in real life) filmed an episode at Kings Island. Then in 1973 The Brady Bunch filmed an episode at Kings Island. Sometimes the Brady Kings sang songs on the show - including their theme song.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a full feature or TV movie in which the Partridge and Brady families simultaneously meet at PKI? Perhaps there can be a battle of the bands at the TimberWolf Theater between the 2 families and zany adventures on the park's rides and other facilites. Additionally, there can be some romance like between Keith Partridge and Marsha Brady or Danny Partridge and Jan Brady, or both.

Just a thought,

Italian Chef

Edited by italianchef

Well, for those of you who haven't seen it, here's the plot off the top of my head:

The dad takes the family to Kings Island because he has to present some blue prints for a new area of the park. One of the boys (Peter, I believe) is holding two tubes: one with the blue prints, one holding a poster that he won at one of the games (the football game on I-Street, I believe). Anyway, he gives his dad one of the tubes believing that it is the blue prints and holds on to the other--eventually loosing it. His father is about to make the presentation and finds that he has the wrong tube. The whole Brady family then searches the park for the other tube. One of them finds it and of course saves the day.

Interesting notes:

-Greg plays the football game which is still there.

-If you know the layout of the park, it's funny to see them run around looking for the plans. For example, they'll be by The Racer, make a turn and be by the tower, etc. They basically just used this as a scenic showing of the park.

-It's interesting to wonder if the show were reality, which section of the park he had planned.

-I believe the basketball games were there, but there were no shots of stupid kids loosing control of the balls! (That one's for you, DragonLord)

-They brought the help on vacation with them. (Alice)

-In all reality, they wouldn't team up and find the blue prints, they'd end up fighing and playing a blame game and they'd never find them.

-Peter screws up like this in every episode, if his father were any kind of man, he'd fire the little brat and possibly disown him. No second chances.

Edited by BoddaH1994

Actually, it was Jan, who buys a Yogi Bear poster for a kid she babysits for, and loses the cylinder (after mixing it up with Mike's sketches) in a canoe at Swanee Landing.

Also interesting, while Coney Island and Rivertown were both featured prominently, Oktoberfest and Hanna Barbera Land are both almost completely ignored.

Ive had this idea for a show for awhile.

Roller coasters are on the verge of extinsion. The designers of these great rides were all killed in the Great Purge of 2025. Only 20 stand in the world, based at PKI and CP. All of the sudden, the night is illuminated by several missles from CP aimed at PKI to cripple the park. As these missles are fired, several battallions of CP-raiders are air-lifted into the park, and the war for PKI is on...

Im working on the ending, but really it would be a guerrila fighting movie, cause the PKI guys would know all the hiding spots, and could surprise the raiders. The hard-fought spots would be around Beast, TR, Delirium, and SOB. I have all the damage that the missles would cause figured out and everything. What do you think?

Edited by SOB_TOM

I see your point, but I was referring to the bulk of Oktoberfest, i.e. on the other side of the pond from the restaraunt and der spinning keggars. I'm aware they showed some of HBL and Oktoberfest, but when you look at how much they showed Rivertown, and Coney Island especially, they seem ignored.

lol...good idea SOB_TOM! You should have a final showdown half way beetween the parks near Columbus, I guess. It should end up with park employees as well as enthusiasts from both parks battling it out by hand. The ending should be Jeff Seibert driving one of those minature novelty Eiffel Towers through the GM of CP's head. You know, a nice violent ending to earn that R rating.

Edited by beastfreak

What I would like to see is a good hour feature on PKI on the Travel Channel. Seriously, I think they get dissed when it comes to these shows. They could show some behind the scenes work. Seems they will never get their props from those channels. I wonder why. Any thoughts?

What I would like to see is a good hour feature on PKI on the Travel Channel. Seriously, I think they get dissed when it comes to these shows. They could show some behind the scenes work. Seems they will never get their props from those channels. I wonder why. Any thoughts?

I've seen 1-hour long Travel shows on Dollywood, Hershey Park, Busch Gardnes, and many other parks - but never PKI. It does seem unfair.

I really would like to make a PKI-Brady Bunch-Partridge Family 2-hour movie. And I'd love to have a small role in the film. Maybe I can play a chef at the park.

Have the final showdown in the ruins of SFWOA, between Jeff Siebert (commander of the 1st PKI batallion), Craig Ross, and a bunch of wokers from PKI (Including myself) Vs. Daniel Keller and a bunch of workers from CP. The big finale will be when Keller and Ross go at it in hand to hand combat, and Keller gets nailed with a pice of a coaster after bouncing off a support (lets make it a Vekoma SLC shall we?). Any other ideas, bring em my way. I might write a book on this if I find time.

Oh come on...I can't believe you guys aren't thinking classic cartoons here! biggrin.gif Have the final seen show Daniel Kellner tied to some tracks, and as the camera pulls back, you'll see that he's tied to the bottom of the hill on SOB. Then show a train cresting the hill with only Jeff Seibert in the front seat...with a big grin on his face! tongue.gif

Theres one person who I hope reads the last couple of posts (wont name names, but he runs "The most popular roller coaster site on the web" (BULL SH*T!)). Me and that certain person dont exactly see eye to eye.

Now that I have the middle and end done, I cant start the book due to not being good at beginnnings of books. Release date TBA, but Jeff Siebert is a likely hero, isnt he?

Theres one person who I hope reads the last couple of posts (wont name names, but he runs "The most popular roller coaster site on the web" (BULL SH*T!)). Me and that certain person dont exactly see eye to eye.

Now that I have the middle and end done, I cant start the book due to not being good at beginnnings of books. Release date TBA, but Jeff Siebert is a likely hero, isnt he?

Pardon me Sir, but I'm somewhat confused by your statement. Are you agreeing with me that we ought to be gentler in our comments about the competition or endorsing the harsh rhetoric from the previous statements?

I agree that we all need to be nicer, including me. I guess that the reason I expect more from PKI is because they are my home park. Where as CP is another two hours away, and I have to go all the way there to get what I want out of a park. I realize that PKI is trying to be a family park, but you can't ignore the enthusiasts like myself. I think so especially in a slow economy. What I mean is, it is more likely that when the economy is bad and an entire family can't afford to go, enthusiasts with no family will still be able to go and spend money.

I love PKI so much that I wrote a book about it. Nevertheless, I prefer not to make rude comments about Cedar Point or other parks - unless those parks are so lousy, they deserve criticism.

Anyone ever been to Guntown Mountain in Cave City, Kentucky? If so, you'll know what I mean.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef