Where is Kings Island?

BoddaH1994

Here is a question that I have been pondering for a while, maybe one of you will have an answer: Where is Kings Island?

Geographically speaking, it's in Mason I believe, but the park describes itself as being in Kings Island, OH. Surely the city wasn't called Kings Island, OH before they built the park. Did that particular part of Mason succeede from the city or is calling it Kings Island, OH a marketing thing?

Actually it can be referred to as a couple different things....Mason, Cincinnati, Kings Mills, and Kings Island - would all be appropriate on snail mail.

However, officially, it is: Kings Island, OH - Obviously it wasn't like that before the park was built....it was Mason before the park arrived...For those that don't believe, just check pki.com in the Media Center biggrin.gif

^ How does that work on a cell phone?

If it works like normal 911, it could go either way. I'm going to have to use a KY example here, so brace yourself. biggrin.gif Covington has its own dispatch, so if you're in Covington, theoretically your call should be routed to Covington's 911 dispatch center. Now, it comes down to whether you cell phone carrier realizes that you're in Covington or not. So, if you're near the river, let's say, you'll probably be using a Covington tower, but if you're near Devou park, you're probably using a Park Hills tower. In that instance, it would go to Kenton County instead of Covington. I know that most of you are from the Mason-Landen area, so you probably think that it's all farms here, but guess what, it's not!! wink.gif

While they do have their own 911 dispatch... I believe it only works for in park phones. I highly doubt it is connected to pick up cell phone calls from just inside the park. They woudl also pick up calls from outside and slow down the process and make things confusing.

They have this in park 911 because they have their own police, fire and medical facilaties.

911, when dialed from any pay phone or land line in the park goes directly to our communication center (NOT first aid) where first aid, fire and security is dispatched. When the comm. center is down for the evening, the 911 calls are routed to the security office. The park does not pick up cell phone 911s. Those calls do go to the city of Mason and in that case Mason would contact our comm center via land line or radio.

We do have our own pumper and firefighters on our staff, yes. The station is Station 55 (I belive). We will call Mason and/or Deerfield in to help us out with anything too big for our pumper. I also think we have employees that are trained in firefighting, but do not work directly with our fire/safty teams (work in other departments). They do, however, carry radios incase we need them and send out an all call for them.

We do have our own pumper and firefighters on our staff, yes. The station is Station 55 (I belive). We will call Mason and/or Deerfield in to help us out with anything too big for our pumper. I also think we have employees that are trained in firefighting, but do not work directly with our fire/safty teams (work in other departments). They do, however, carry radios incase we need them and send out an all call for them.

That seems like an awsome job. By the start of next season, I'll definately be state certified in KY. Perhaps I could apply there.