Attraction Awards of the Decade

^^ The 4th dimension coaster has never been very popular, the Eurofighter Coaster isn't too much different than any old megalooper, and 'X Car' coasters are generally extremely unreliable (at this point).

For me, it was a close decision between the Flying and Plug 'N' Play, but I think Flying Coasters will boom for a while, and then crash. (Standups, anyone?) From what I hear, fabricating the track in the Plug 'n' Play manner greatly decreases upkeep costs, so I see it becoming increasingly popular for the next few years.

My votes:

Best Steel coaster: Millennium Force. IMO, this was the biggest impacting coaster of the choices. Bizzaro at Six Flags New England is cool, but it really didn't do much in the sense of progressing the steel coaster overall. Millennium Force was the first giga, first with a cable lift, and it really set the tone for the next decade. Seeing how far you can push the design of a roller coaster.

Best Wood coaster: Voyage. From the choices shown it looks like it was between Voyage and El Toro. And sorry, but El Toro's practically a steel hyper. Cable lift, nearly 200 feet high, out and back layout with tons of airtime, even steel rails! It's like Intamin took a mega coaster design then put wood supports underheath it. Voyage, however, is a true woodie. I've never ridden it, but from what I've seen and heard, it's fastm aggresive, and reckless. Kudos to the Gravity Group and their massive gonads for trying this ride, and making it a sucess!

Best innovation: Either the 4D or the Flyer IMO. And look at how successful the 4D is from the park's standpoint. Maintenance nightmare, expensive, it drove Arrow Dynamics, THE Arrow Dynamics bankrupt. And the idea that they are more popular is questionable. The flyers have been tried and perfected. You don't need to revamp them to get more ridership. The B&Ms are very popular and the Vekomas aren't half bad.

Best watercoaster: Jurrasic Park River Adventure IMO. This one is the most well done. It's hard enough to keep a story going through a coaster, even more so with a water ride with only one real drop. Yet this ride managed to keep yours truly grinning ear to ear throughout the ride, and I hate water rides. That says something. All the others are pretty cool and well done, but none as good as Jurrasic Park.

Best epic fail of the decade: This is like comparing Apples to Oranges imo. Though I have to choose the local favorite, Son of Beast. 'Nuff said.

My two cents.

Jackson, El Toro is a wooden coaster. The rails on it are not substantially different than those on other wood coasters....the coaster train wheels, yes...the rails, no...Yes, it rides like a steelie, but largely due to the wheels...wheels not unlike those first proposed for Son of Beast, I might add.

Meanwhile many consider Voyage, which you consider a pure woodie, to be a hybrid, since it has steel supports....

Terpy, just sayin'