The Racers

pki2005

Anyone think that The Racers should be counted as 2 coasters. If so why? I do even if it is the same track layout it is still two different sets of track so it should be 2 coasters at least that is the way i see it

Edited by pki2005

It should be considered one coaster. The way I see it, twin coasters should be counted as one, deuling coasters should be considered two. Example, Deuling Dragons at IoA have two separate layouts, so they are two coasters. Racer is one coaster, its the same thing.

Not really, when one turns right, the other is turning left. tongue.gif

PKI considers it two separate coasters...which makes sense because they are different....if they both went forward they would be the same (well, close enough) , but since one goes backwards, it is 2 different rides...

Edited by SML828

Actually PKI stopped counting Racer as two coasters in 2000. It's current marketing team promotes the park as (currently) having 12 coasters:

Beast

Beastie

Rugrats Runaway Reptar

Son of Beast

Top Gun

Taxi Jam

Scooby's Ghoster Coaster

Face/Off

Racer

Vortex

FOF

Adventure Express

Operationally, the park divides The Racer as North and South however that is only used internally. Incidentally... the coaster is called Racer, and not Racers. I personally only count it as one, but that is a personal judgement call. If counting it as two up's your count.... go for it.

Shaggy