Random Opening Day Thoughts

RD Reynolds

Well, I took A guest on a one day pass ( walked to the gate where I know to go with an e-ticket) and I'm told to go to the ticket booth to get a "real" ticket. I'm like well, ok they could of changed that, so we go and...(drum roll) we are sent to season pass processing, I'm not joking, I told the lady that this was a one day ticket and she promised me that was the correct place. So I unwillingly go and of course, they scan the ticket and tell me to go to the ticket counter. when we walk around to the counter, the guy wants to send me to season pass processing, I tell him kindly I'm getting the run around and he grabs his manager. She tells me to go to the main gate....(duhh) we go and then all is well. I understand It was opening day and people are new. Just annoys me KI see an e-ticket and asumes it is a season pass e-ticket

and..

BLSC was a big disappointment, station wait so we hit it up. The restraint belts made me ROFL, at the time no themeing was working on the ride, no police lights, no sounds at MCBR no helicopter blade motion, no fire, and tunnel lights on. However I did notice they fixed these later in the day.

Well, to be fair, the water is only about 18" deep. And since water is self leveling, it would be pretty hard for the entire bubble to fill with water, unless the entire thing was deflating. I just do not get what the appeal of doing such a thing would be. Especially once it gets hot out. I`d imagine inside those bubbles with no ventilation would be a very hot experience.

I also heard that Flight of Fear and Backlot both got a few roll backs yesterday. Just so I don't get yelled at, I said HEARD, I'm not saying it did happen but I just heard it did and have no proof it did.

Your right I was actually on a backlot rollback yesterday :-) but I heard that Flight of Fear braked on the launch.

I just do not get what the appeal of doing such a thing would be. Especially once it gets hot out. I`d imagine inside those bubbles with no ventilation would be a very hot experience.

You don't think rolling around inside a bubble that many other hot and sweaty people had previously rolled around in sounds like fun? What's wrong with you. :D

Still, regardless of who operates them, they will become dirty after a while. I just wonder how long that thing will pull in paying patrons. After a while, the novelty will wear off and people will not want to spend $7 to do that. And the fact that its location is in an out of the way/not heavily foot trafficked area could lead to missed revenue opportunities.

Having worked Eurobungy Dome at Coney, which opened in 2008, there was a steep fall off in its popularity last year. Even with Coney only charging $5 with a rides/picnic wristband/season pass or $6 without a wristband. In fact, Coney instituted a 2 for 1 deal during Monday through Thursday allowing guests to buy two Eurobungy tickets for $6 to boost its popularity.