Cedar Fair agrees to add two board members, Q will drop suit

http://www.cedarfair.com/ir/press_releases/index.cfm?current_root=15&mode=story&story_id=238

An interesting quote in the press release by Kinzel. Again, referencing the "pursuit for long-term unitholder value creation."

Essentially, the way I understand this release, the Cedar Fair board will increase to 9 for this year, and then two spots will be left vacant next year, returning the board to seven members.

In addition, under the agreement, Q has agreed to voluntarily dismiss the action it filed on April 29, 2010 in the Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware against the Company and its general partner. Q has also agreed to vote all of its units on the two matters to be considered at the Company’s 2010 Annual Meeting of Unitholders as recommended by the Board.

Hmm...

I get the first part of your post. But you expect a surprise disclosure at some point from Q? Yes, I asked a question about Q.

I wonder if Q is really interested in taking over control of Cedar Fair, and getting its hands on Six Flags. Tomorrow should be an interesting conference call. Its the first one in a while, since they didn`t have one last time, as they were occupied trying to hash through the deal that they were championing as "a good value for unit holders."