Great Old Amusement Parks

marcia

Dear Friends

I just watched a terrific special on PBS about amusements from long ago and current if you go on

cetconnect.org there is video on demand telling the history of Kings Island. I hope you watch the

special check local listing in Cincinnati and Dayton for more info enjoy the special.

www.cetconnect.org

Take care God Bless

Marcia :rolleyes::)

I just finished watching it as well. It is an old special (notice that the Phantom's Revenge was still the Steel Phantom) but it pointed out a lot of the smaller parks around the country that highlight the old wooden coasters of John Allen, Prior & Church, ect.

I watched it too!

I really liked the part about Holiday World, and seeing the family all together and happy made me a little sad.

As for the rides, they really payed attention to bad ones and not to great ones, they spent 15 seconds on the Giant dipper and 5 minutes on the Railroad at that park in Denver. I also liked the section about Cedar Point, People were talking about Mean Streak saying how fast and fun it was, but it hurt a little. Maybe they were under exxagerrating for a spot on the show.