August 7th Trip Report (short)

Pillsberry123

We got there at about 9 o'clock for ERT. We were expecting it to be a crowded day so we made plans for lunch at about noon, meaning we would leave at 11:30.

We got in at 9, which was a little strange because it felt like 75% of the people there were not passholders. Perhaps passholders stayed away knowing that it would be crowded? After getting past all the angry people with regular tickets wondering why they couldn't get in for ERT (sigh) we got our Diamondback ride in. We jumped in the very back seat (walk on). I still prefer the front, as the back seem so much bumpier. I haven't been riding as much, so I hope that it isn't getting rough all over.

We headed back to The Beast at about 9:10. Obviously there wasn't anyone there, and we were welcomed to the second train of the day by the friendly crew. We rode 5 times during ERT, joking with the crew the entire time.

We went over to the Delirium to get a ride, and it has improved. I was impressed.

We went on up to Coney Mall and got a front row seat on The Racer. I realized that we haven't tried any of the flats in Coney Mall this year (except for Dodgems) so we rode Monster and Shake Rattle and Roll.

Our last coaster of the day was on Vortex. 5-1 had a 4 train wait (could the GP be catching on?) so we walked on 4-2. Ouch.

We ended our day with a trip up the Eiffel Tower. There is certainly something up with the clearing behind SOB.

As we left we saw a swarm of people coming over from GWL, the parking lot was filling up, and the backup on the Interstate was crazy. Freedom concert or August Saturday? Maybe a bit of both...

Not really any different, but seeing it in real life shows how obvious it is that something is going on. So in other words, if you have any doubts that something is going on, go and check it out for yourself.

I feel like I should have gotten closer to the station, but we were leaving just as I thought about going up in the tower and checking it out from there.

Thats a nice quick trip report. Me and my wife are going tommorrow, hoping to get there right at 9:30 for a little ERT on DB and The Beast. We also don't plan on staying too long, but it should be fun. I'll have to check out that clearing behind that wooden SOB!

By riding in the back seat of Diamondback, you are riding a wheel seat (the back row of a train). The fronts (odd number rows where the seats sit side by side) are much, much smoother.

Terp, who thought he was the only person to leave quickly after opening (sometimes without riding a single thing after ERT...or even during ERT!) :)

Terp, who thought he was the only person to leave quickly after opening (sometimes without riding a single thing after ERT...or even during ERT!) :)

I don't think me or my dad have stayed at a park past 3 o'clock for years with the exception of the times that we've visited after 5.

On Saturdays, if I go to ERT, I'll leave when it ends. I did leave prior to the end of ERT once and had to wait for an admissions rep to get the hand stamp/ink.

Indeed, but what I meant was I have at least once gone to the park for ERT, ridden nothing, walked around and observed, and then left before the park opened. Of course, at the time I was unable to ride due to a medical condition, but seeing friends and walking around the park a bit made me happy! And for that, I apologize to no one, including the rather acerbic handstamp person who could not and would not believe I was not leaving due to being unhappy. The park earned my money that day, and I was happy. Isn't that what it's all about?

My sister and I are eligible to join the club. In June we arrived at CP shortly after 9am; we were back on the road before 9:45 am with a ride count of zero because

1. Tons of ERT guests

2. with little to do because both Maverick and Millennium Force were down during ERT

3. so long lines formed well before open for other rides ex: Top Thrill Dragster

4. all during the peak of mayfly invasion