Sunday, August 8th 2010

Cormaster

It was a good trip to Kings Island. We left early so we could get there in time for ERT. We parked at 9:15. AFter getting through the lines to get through security, and into the park, it was about 9:40 when we got to Diamondback. Since it was ERT, there was no wait, and there was a 3 train wait seat 1-1 so we waited for it, and it was awesome in the front! After that we went straight to The Beast which was straight walk-on. After The Beast, ERT was over and the park was open (it was 10:08 To be exact), so we didn't waste time and booked it over to X-base.

When we got to X-base, the entrance was closed and both Firehawk and Flight of Fear had a long line outside of their entrances. Jackie got a spot in line for Firehawk while I went and got a locker. While I was heading over to it, I overheard the park attendant at the entrance telling everyone the ride was closed and they called maitenance and they didn't know how long it would be. I kinda rolled my eyes and I asked the attendant if Flight of Fear was broke yet. "Nope they just haven't opened it". So we got in the line for Flight of Fear, which looked long but wasn't really long because it was outside of the queue. After they opened the ride, we walked through the whole queue and had just a 3 train wait to get on it. After Flight of Fear, Firehawk was open, and had about 3 queues filled. We got in, line, and it only took about 20 minutes to board the yellow train.

When we were done with Firehawk we decided to go hit up delerium, but the line was ridiculously long, seeing as how the queues weren't all open, and the GP was starting to fill the park. It was about 11 at this time. We decided to go back to Coney Mall and let the crowds thin out a bit before we'd go back to Action Zone. So next was Vortex, which was quick and easy to get on, and I enjoyed it more this time. I think last time the problem was I was with my brother and he's a big guy and takes up quite a bit more space than my wife. I was in seat 7-1, and I actually felt semi-comfortable. Next we hit up BLSC, which had the longest wait of the day, but since I was in the mood to conquor all coasters, I went ahead and waited for it.

It was about noon after we were done riding BLSC and we started heading towards Action Zone, but not before hitting Racer up. Racer was a walk-on, and I decided to ride the Red Train since I always ride the blue train. Since Adventure Express was right next to it we went ahead and hit it up next. Then we hit up Delerium, which was nearly a full queue, took about 4-5 ride cycles, but I didn't mind. Then we hit up Flight Deck, which suprisingly had a wait...this is the first time I've EVER seen a wait on it. It wasn't long, probably about 10-15 minutes but I was suprised.

After Flight Deck it was time for a break and some food, so we stopped int at Festhaus for some La Rosa's Pizza. BY the time we finished up it was 2:30 and time to hit up the last coaster, Invertigo. IT said 45 minute wait, but realistically we were off of it before 3. With all coaster's conquered early, and getting tired it was time to end it where we started, so we hit up Diamondback, which took about a 1/2 hour to get on, then got some Blueberry Ice Cream, and headed home at 4.

IT ended up being a pretty busy day. Not packed, but about as busy as the last time I went with My Brother, but thanks to good planning on me and my wife's part, we were able to get 11 rides in the 7 hours we were there. To summarize:

Diamondback

Beast

Flight of Fear

Firehawk

Vortex

Back Lot Stunt Coaster

Racer

Adventure Express

Delerium

Flight Deck

Invertigo

Diamondback

If this is my last trip till 2012, I feel better about it than I did the last time I went. It's the first time I've conquered all coaster's in one day since 2005! Also felt very accomplished I got X-base taken care of before 11, since its the "area of long waits".