Partridge Family 3rd Season DVDs being discontinued

standbyme

For those who might care...according to a DVD website I frequent, both the 2nd & 3rd seasons of the Partridge Family are being discontinued. It is the 3rd season which contains the Kings Island episode "I Left My Heart in Cincinnati". You don't see the park as much as you do during The Brady Bunch episode...but there are still some good shots.

So...you might want to grab a copy (cheap) while you can. :)

• Like 1

Guest TombraiderTy

I actually bought that specific episode on iTunes about a year ago. It was only $1.99 for the episode and, besides having some great shots of the park, the story itself was entertaining.

http://itunes.apple....203?i=310138914

A few quick screenshots from the show, all showing some random stuff...

racu.jpg

On-ride Racer footage. Notice that the park was empty (pardon the random trailer), suggesting that this was filmed in the morning or on a day the park was closed. Also notice no head-rests and what-not on Racer :P

monsterpeople2.jpg

On-ride Monster footage. Check-out the security guard and people standing in the ride area, something that would never be allowed today.

rac2.jpg

Not anything behind-the-scenes, but I love this picture. Besides the beautiful colors, it's also interesting to note only four cars on each Racer train.

Finally, I found this news article some time ago when searching for some other stuff. It's about the cast filming the episode at the park: http://news.google.c...gs-island&hl=en

I actually bought that specific episode on iTunes about a year ago. It was only $1.99 for the episode...

That's the difference between your generation and mine. I am still "old school"...I like having a physical copy in my hand...whether it be a CD, DVD or book. :P

Ironically you also paid more than I did for the episode...technically...the whole season of 25 episodes can be had on Amazon for less than $15.00.

I want to thank you for the screen grabs and the article! I'm surprised you didn't post the opening shot of the park...I thought that one was breathtaking...at least on a big screen TV!

This is from the article you linked to:

"What really gets him is he can go through the exit and not have to stand in line."

SO...it's Danny Bonaduce who was the first Fast Laner...just another reason I don't like him! :lol:

That's the difference between your generation and mine. I am still "old school"...I like having a physical copy in my hand...whether it be a CD, DVD or book. :P

I'm the same way. Kindle? No thanks, I'll keep my paperbacks. MP3s? Maybe, but I rather like my CD collection.

I have that episode on VHS... maybe I should upgrade to DVD before it's too late.