Kings Island 8-10-12

ohiocolts

Hello everybody! Today I went to, well, Kings Island. I went with my mom and my sister, and met up with my mom’s friend and her kids. We got there about 10 till 9. When looking on the radar, it looked like everything was off to the east, so we should be good. First, when the park opened for Early Ride Times, we headed to Diamondback.

We made it on the 2nd ride of the day in the front row. It was a great ride, and nice in the front being able to see everything. Me and my sister moved to an empty row, and rode again. I saw Jonathan/jcgoble3 on another Diamondback train, and eventually got his attention. When we got back to the station, there was nobody in our row, so we stayed on yet again. Another fun ride on Diamondback.

Now we saw Paula, my mom’s friend, and her kids Jake and Ashley. I think Jake’s probably about 12 and Ashley is probably around 7. I took 2 more Diamondback rides, one with Jake, and all great rides with walk ons. So, after that, we all headed to Drop Tower.

On the way, Jake and Paula had to use the restroom, so I went and walked on and got a great ride by myself. When the ride was done, everyone except my mom (who doesn’t ride this) was in line. It was going to be Ashley and Lucy’s first times on this ride. But, they were assigning seats, and I had to get back in line, so we got separated. Too bad I couldn’t see Lucy’s reaction.

Anyway, I walked on and it was another FUN ride. Unsurprisingly, Ashley and Lucy loved it. I checked the time, and it was 9:56, so we headed to the closest rope drop by Delirium. God Bless America was sung, and random kids counted down for opening. Me, Jake, my mom, and Lucy headed to Flight of Fear, while Ashley and Paula went to do Racer.

We ended up getting second ride of the day. When I was in the station, I saw the lights on, and hoped they’d stay on. But no, they turn off right before I get on. It was another fun ride. We then met up with Ashley and Paula at The Racer.

We walked on to The Red Racer. I rode the next to back row. Fun ride, on the smooth side. We were talking and then decided to go and ride The Beast. There was still activity going on in The Crypt’s building, but I still can’t really see what is going on. It was a station wait, and another great ride on the world’s longest wooden roller coaster, The Beast. We headed to Backlot, but right when we got there, it was closed. So we all went on Shake, Rattle, And Roll.

I haven’t rode on SR&R yet this year. We waited for the cycle to end and got on. A pretty fun ride, actually. Just a little sickening. Then I, my mom, and Jake went on WindSeeker, while everybody else went on Dodgems. The wait for WindSeeker was 2 cycles, around 10 minutes. It was another good ride. We then met up with everyone else at Dodgems.

Jake wanted to ride Dodgems, so we all went on. It’s a fun ride to just drive around and bump. And, another rating fail. I don’t see how this is rated a 4. It should be 2. In other words, according to the park’s ratings, Drop Tower is as intense as Dodgems. I wonder how that is sorted out. Anyways, we were about to head back to the car and eat our packed lunch.

I used my cotton candy instant reward I earned last Saturday, while they were in the $10 and under store. I ran into Jonathan again, said hello, and we headed to our cars. We had some sandwiches, and for me, Cotton Candy. We ate in the grass in the parking lot. After we were finished, we headed back into the park.

We said we would go see the 2 o’clock Ed Alonzo show, and first we headed to Flight Deck. There was about a 15 minute line for Flight Deck, and no separator in the station. Longer wait than usual. It was still a fun ride, as usual. There was about 30 minutes till show time, and Lucy and Ashley wanted to do Viking Fury. So, we headed to Viking Fury.

We waited around 10 minutes to get on Viking Fury. It was, a nice little ride. Still always FUN. It was 1:50, and the doors were probably already opened for the show. So, we headed to the show, and for the first time, we didn’t get in the front 2 rows. It seems they changed up the monitor thing that has Ed Alonzo stuff before the show.

So, after 4 times, it gets repetitive, but its still a nice show. After that, Paula, Jake, and Ashley left, and I took a few more rides. My mom got Lucy to get her Characture, or whatever it is called, drawn, while I went on the Eiffel Tower in search of a ride with a short line.

All the lines looked to be around 20 minutes +, so it looks like it would be too long for my mom and Lucy to wait. I saw The Racer line was short, and both sides were running, so I headed to The Racer. There was a short line, but I only waited about 5 minutes until getting on the next to back row of the Blue Racer. I decided to try it out to compare to The Red Racer. It was a little bumpier, but definitely still good.

So, after a good Racer ride, I met up with my mom for us to go home. It was another FUN day at Kings Island, and it is very sad Summer is about over. Also, I take pictures/videos every visit, but I may save some for the off season when we get bored. Yes, I hope to make some kind of off season topic.

A couple notes:

*Backlot was open for just a little in the morning, then was just testing, and later was just closed.

*I believe everything except for Backlot was running today.

*That was actually my 4th time seeing Jonathan at Kings Island.

Well, thanks for reading!

• Like 6

Can't believe I missed you! I headed right to Firehawk at rope drop, then straight over to Flight of Fear! I was hoping to see you and say hi at some point in the day!

PEANUTS 500 was down in Planet Snoopy, and I can confirm that Backlot was down the entire day as well. I did not see any testing of sorts the whole day. It looks like they didn't even bother to take the trains off the transfer track (or they put them on after they found a problem).

After seeing Son of Beast from basically every point in the park today, I'll be glad to see it gone in the coming years, so as to make each area of the park void of a towering wooden FAIL! err, structure.

As always, glad you had a great time!

• Like 1

Glad you had fun!

Sorry for the double post, but I was told on 2 seperate accounts today that Ouimet was at the park today. Who here, if anyone, saw him?

I wouldn't recognize him if I saw him. :P

Can't believe I missed you! I headed right to Firehawk at rope drop, then straight over to Flight of Fear! I was hoping to see you and say hi at some point in the day!

That's exactly what I did! If you saw someone in a green 2012 Holiwood Nights shirt, yellow shorts, and dark blue fanny pack, that was me.

PEANUTS 500 was down in Planet Snoopy, and I can confirm that Backlot was down the entire day as well. I did not see any testing of sorts the whole day. It looks like they didn't even bother to take the trains off the transfer track (or they put them on after they found a problem).

They ran empty trains for a while. One guest walking away mid-morning said that she was told that the ride was down because the fire effects weren't working, and I could see from observation that they were indeed not working.

The closed Backlot Stunt Coaster because...the fire wasn't working? :huh:

If that is indeed the true reason why it was shut down, A . Did it really need to be closed just because an effect was not working? B . I hope it's fixed soon. Does anyone think it could be fixed in house? C . I like where management is going if they shut down a ride so effects will not be missed... Sounds very Disney-ish. ;)

Take it with a grain of salt because 1) it's hearsay, as I did not hear the ride operator actually say that, and 2) normally ride ops will not elaborate beyond the generic "mechanical problems". However, as I said, I could personally see that the fire effects weren't working on the test trains, so that goes in favor of the guest I heard it from.

Went to the park today and everything was go. Action Zone was all up and running. Backlot, too.

Saw Alonzo's show finally, and really can't understand the brouhaha about the dancers.

Has no one ever seen a party of Irish girls in a bar dancing? The dancing was cute.

The potty humor is what most of the audience can understand, most of them were under ten years old.

I, too, found myself looking at SOB, and also found that I'm going to be glad when it's gone.

Planet Snoopy actually looks really cute, even though it has a smaller roster of characters.

I might make a suggestion to riders in shorts on the log flume. Take the BACK SEAT whenever possible.

My onride photo revealed a bit too much. Part of my mind was like "hurry up and buy it, so no one else can see it." then I was like "Fool, it's digital. You'll only get one copy of the strange photo- and it'll still be in the hard drive." So I didn't buy it, hoping that no one noticed, and it got quickly erased due to inattention.

• Like 3