Question About Hotels

SSL488

Ok, seriously... Original Employee sounds like a know it all but doesn't so he just makes things up as he goes.... You got soooo off topic. The poor guy was just wondering about suggestions on how to get a hotel room. That's not a nice way to welcome someone to Kings Island or Ohio for that matter...

• Like 3

The original poster ask if he would be able to rent a hotel room if he was under 21 years of age and I answered it with my opinion and feelings. This age requirement would be a state issue and not a federal issue. If the state wanted to pass a law that would require them to rent to a person that is 18 years as long as they met the credit requirements, they are free to do so without the feds getting involved. When I searched on the internet on this topic, the main concern of all involved was could they rent a room if they were under 21. I just don't think hotel chains can refuse to rent to 18 year olds just because it is their policy. I guess if you are on your honeymoon and you and your wife are 19 years old, and want to stay at a hotel, you better check ahead of time. :)

Poor Steve was told on Pointbuzz to come over here and ask about hotels and this is what he has to read through!

A group of six of us were looking to go to Gatlinburg for a week after we graduated from high school this past summer. We were looking to rent a cabin, but every cabin we found required renters to be 21. The rental insurance they all had required it. We ended up calling an owner of the cabin we liked and explained how we were all responsible. The owner said he would make an exception, and he let us rent.

My point is you are going to have to call and ask.

• Like 2

The key is how you carry yourself. I went to Twinsburg for company training when I was 17 and checked in a hotel room with no problem and was not asked my age or for ID just my car's tag number. This was an L&K not a hourly place by the way. If you are giggling and acting immature you will probably asked for proof of age.