Trip Report 5-18-13

Hoeter

Hello all...it's been awhile since I've posted here and it's also been awhile since I've made a trip out to Kings Island, but for the sixth straight year I will be visiting Kings Island with Gold Pass in tow. This trip was a random one, arriving around 8pm with the intent of getting in a long overdue night ride on The Beast.

The park was packed this evening, with Music in the Parks taking place. However, most groups were either meeting up or departing when I arrived. With this in mind, I proceeded into the park and was relieved that the instant renewal was a fast and seamless process.

First ride of the evening was Adventure Express. The wait was approximately 20 minutes and the line was around halfway back to the midway itself. However, the line moved fairly quickly and it's weird not seeing Son of Beast right on the other side.

After this ride, I headed over to The Racer. Chose the blue side which was approximately a 10 minute wait. Amazing ride as always.

While on this side of the park, I went and checked out the construction happening over in Action Zone and I officially cannot wait to see what this develops into. Only time will tell what Don, Greg, and company have in store for Action Zone and I cannot wait for 2014. I'm excited!

While in the vicinity, I headed over to Flight Deck. Only a 2 train wait itself, this provided a unique perspective as well into the massive land clearing and construction happening in the area. Similarly to Adventure Express, it's weird not seeing Son of Beast mere feet away from this attraction and it's different for both rides.

Finally, I headed over to The Beast to get my first night ride in several years, and it was well worth the hour wait, which includes the downtime for the fireworks. I forgot exactly how amazing a night ride on The Beast is, and tonight was no exception.

In closing, regarding the construction happening over in Action Zone, whatever is coming, most likely a coaster, is going to be HUGE. The pictures that I have seen in other trip reports and here on KIC are great but to put it in perspective requires you to see this in person. Whatever is planned for 2014 will be massive and will put Kings Island back on the map. I cannot wait to see how this unfolds.

Until next time folks, keep ridin' on...

• Like 10

Thanks Terpy...it's good to be back. It's been a hectic few months as my work schedule only allows for evening or weekend trips out to the park plus I have just finished moving closer to Cincinnati. Mount Orab to Mason is quite a haul so it's more convenient with my new location to visit the park more often.

Aside from this, I will have to head out to Batavia and see if Clermont Steel Fabricators has anything brewing in the form of coaster track.

• Like 3