Trip Report 7-4 and 7-6

Hoeter

Trip Report 7-4

With rain for all of the morning and afternoon, what better time to visit the park? Much like Monday's visit, the park was dead! I arrived around 3pm or so and headed towards The Beast for the first ride of the day. Got in 7 rides total on Wednesday on The Beast, of which 5 were in a steady shower. It made for a painful ride, but a unique experience and my first ever rain rides on The Beast! The other two rides were day rides sans rain. After these rides I headed over towards Diamondback and took in 7 laps, mainly towards the front of the train. Left around 8pm or so. Station waits or 1 to 2 trains at the most for all rides.

Diamondback: 7 laps (season total: 7, all-time total: 85)

The Beast: 7 laps (season total: 11, all-time total: 37)

Trip Report 7-6

Much like Wednesday's trip, with all of the rain plus watching the webcam to see exactly how the park was looking, I decided to head out to the park during the late afternoon. Arrived around 5pm and the park was not packed at all. First ride of the day was The Beast. 2 laps (one in second to last row, one in the middle) on it before it going down, and was closed for quite sometime due to the supposed power surge as well. 1 to 2 train wait at the most for both rides.

Headed to Diamondback and got in 2 laps, both towards the front of the train. Amazing as always. It was right after I got off Diamondback that the power surge occurred resulting in the train I just got off of being stuck halfway to 3/4 of the way up the lift. It sat there for around 15-20 minutes before everything resuming as normal. Headed over to The Beast right after Diamondback started back up and it was still down. Sat there and relaxed for a good 15 minutes looking at my phone and waited to see if it was going to open up in the next few minutes. It was during this time that a bird found it necessary for the 2nd time in a week to pick me as their "dumping ground". First at a funeral in Beckley, WV and now here at Kings Island! With the front of my shirt covered in bird $h!t I headed towards the front gate, picked up a Diamondback t-shirt and a license plate frame from ThrillSeekers, $25 for both and was the first time I've ever bought merchandise, save for ride pictures at the park. Around 7:15pm, I headed out to my apartment in Eastgate (to change) and grabbed a bite to eat at Rally's in nearby Milford on the way back. Returned around 9:15pm and grabbed a night ride on The Beast, 15 minute wait for this. After this, headed to Diamondback where I got in 13, yes 13 rides between 10pm and close. It was that dead! First night of the second half on Diamondback was right as the fireworks were getting started and my last ride, coincidentally my 100th ride on Diamondback, was the 2nd to last train of the evening. Pretty good night if I do say so myself!

Diamondback: 15 laps (season total: 23, all-time total: 100)

The Beast: 3 laps (season total: 14, all-time total: 40)

Thanks for reading!

• Like 7

Thanks for the report! I've been hit by bird poop exactly once: at Cedar Point, walking through what is now the Luminosity area. Fortunately, I was wearing a poncho at the time and was able to walk over to the small "fountains"/sprayground/whatever you want to call it on the Main Midway and simply rinse it off.

Buying park shirts can be addicting. I once had a closet full..I'm down to perhaps four.

NOW you tell me! After I'm already addicted... :P I have eleven amusement park–related shirts currently. I started this year with six. New this year, in order, are the KIC shirt, two Voyage shirts (the HoliWood Nights event shirt and one out of a gift shop), one Maverick shirt, and this year's Coasting for Kids shirt.

EDITed to correct the number and list of new shirts.

Edited by jcgoble3
  • Like 2

So much for a busy holiday weekend at KI.

NOW you tell me! After I'm already addicted... :P I have eleven amusement park–related shirts currently. I started this year with seven. New this year, in order, are two Voyage shirts (the HoliWood Nights event shirt and one out of a gift shop), one Maverick shirt, and this year's Coasting for Kids shirt.

I think you're forgetting one.

• Like 1

So much for a busy holiday weekend at KI.

NOW you tell me! After I'm already addicted... :P I have eleven amusement park–related shirts currently. I started this year with seven. New this year, in order, are two Voyage shirts (the HoliWood Nights event shirt and one out of a gift shop), one Maverick shirt, and this year's Coasting for Kids shirt.

I think you're forgetting one.

Duh. Make that five shirts. Fixed above.

• Like 1