Countdown to Zero Hour

Hoeter

Hey all,

As I promised last night in the (now locked) Starting to Decode 2014 thread, my trip report to the most anticipated event of the 2013 season! My day off from work was Thursday so I took this chance to sleep in, a rare occasion. It was around 1pm that I left my apartment and headed out towards Brown County for a couple of hours to help Dad with a couple things around the house for the family cookout on Sunday. On my way out to Mount Orab, I decided to swing past CSF since it's right on the way out to Dad's house. Our magenta track and supports are on flatbeds ready to roll!

Stayed out there for a couple of hours, had a nice home cooked meal (a rarity these days), and helped prepare for the nuts, oops family, coming over to grill out on Sunday. Around 5pm I left, and headed west on 32 towards my apartment in the Eastgate area. Relaxed for a little bit, and then headed out to the park for the 2014 announcement! Arrived to the park around 6:30pm and parked in an amazing spot in Row 51. Met up with some fellow KICers (Kittenpooh, XGatorHead 8904, and couple of others) outside the gate by the picnic tables. We then headed into the park and headed towards the announcement area in hopes of getting a decent vantage point for the new ride announcement. On the way to the announcement area, we were passed by Don, and I could tell that he was more than ready for this day to be over. I don't blame him! I'm sure he slept pretty good last night once the announcement was done and over with. Once in the announcement area, saw Ronny and Ryan, as well as Darlene and a bunch of others. It's good to see people from KIC I haven't seen in forever!

Kittenpooh and a couple of people with her decided to do Skyflyer. While we were waiting on them, I talked with Avatar for a little while and caught up since it's been awhile since I talked to him last. After they were done, me and Avatar met up with jlopez with the intent of getting in some rides before the announcement. Me and jlopez did Viking Fury, less than 5 minute wait. It's been years since I've been on it.

After this, jlopez went out on her own while me, Avatar, and Dave headed towards Diamondback. Got Row 4 and last night was the first time I've swallowed an insect on that ride. After this we all headed back to the announcement area to find it filling in pretty decent. Figured with a little bit of time to kill, I'll hit up Flight Deck. It's been awhile since I've been on it last. 3 straight rides without getting off! Soon after, it was announcement time where I sat back and waited to see what's coming next year. I'll sum it up in as little words as possible. I cannot wait. Next year will most likely be the year I finally go PLATINUM and head up to Cedar Point. I've been thinking about it for awhile, I've never been!

Here are some pics from last night! Until next time...

20130808_2145301_zps2e6526ba.jpg

20130808_2229361_zpsf0239e9d.jpg

20130808_2228421_zps61c89815.jpg

20130808_2229451_zpsc5cd932b.jpg

20130808_2234161_zpsbe1ac934.jpg

20130808_2247051_zps414f2e04.jpg

• Like 8